PDA

View Full Version : Rossi 720 44 special

seb1008
10-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Went to the range today with my Rossi 720 44 special 3" barrel.. Tried to see which reloads were the most accurate. 4.2g trail boss nicest to shoot for my daughter, accuracy not bad had better accuracy with the 5gr. Trail boss load, bullet 240 swc. 6.5 gr. unique gave the best accuracy I could keep 90% in a 4" circle at 25yds. shooting offhand with a 3" barrel for me just learning to shoot revolvers I am happy with. The 6.5 was pretty stout so I think I will use it with speer gold dots for defense,and stay with lower loads like the trail boss for general range shooting. I really like this Rossi,I would rather shoot it instead of my Dan Wesson 357 with 8" barrel. I know the Dan is more accurate, but i spend most of my range time shooting the rossi. I plan on getting some 180 gr. wadcutters from Penn bullets for the 44spl. and see how accurate they are. Anyone ever try them?

S.R.Custom
10-05-2008, 09:47 PM
I had one once... unfluted cylinder, S&W styling... a neat little gun! Then one day someone offered me $100 more than I paid for it...

mooman76
10-05-2008, 11:26 PM
I bought a SS Rossi at a gun show a year ago in 44 special. I wasn't looking for one but for $200 and it looked bran new.Has a 2 1/2" barrel and shoots surprisingly well for a short barreled revolver. Fun gun to shoot. I liked it so much I didn't hesitate to by another in 357 with a 2" barrel and it shoots good too. The only thing I didn't like about it was it is nickle and I don't care for flash guns. Never tried the bullets you are speaking of but my guess is they will shoot well. I had a Tauras with a 2" barrel and it didn't shoot as well as I would have liked but the best I could get it to shoot with was full WCs.