PDA

View Full Version : Changed my mind on Master Caster

AzShooter
10-05-2008, 04:17 PM
I keep thinking about getting the Master Caster but after today's casting session I think I've finally forgotten about it. Car broke down on the way to the range so I had a nice two hour sit waiting for AAA.

Since it was then too late to go to the match I was heading to I decided to come home and make the best of it.

Walked into the garage and turned on my Lee 20 lb pot with a mix of 1/2 wheel weights to 1/2 pure lead and set up to cast some .38s for my favorite .357. Using two moulds I kept going until my dipper would no longer grab enough lead to fill all six slots on the Lee six cavity moulds.

Took just over 1/2 hour to cast a little more than 500 bullets. No rush at all. I only had a few to throw back into the pot. Then I sat down at my Star Sizer and sized them all.

I want to thank Lathesmith for helping me on that. He made my sizing die and also told me how to set it up for each of my bullest so that I was getting lube in all the lube grooves. He's the man.

WildmanJack
10-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Man u were really moving to do 500 in a half hour, either that or I'm gettin realll slow in my old age. I use a bottom pour and have to work pretty hard to get 500 in an hour with a 2 hole mold... Good on ya, Now do u want to do a bunch for me??? lolol
Jack

Springfield
10-05-2008, 06:54 PM
For volume you can't beat a couple of Lee 6 cavity moulds. I just cast for 2 hours and ended up with 2800 bullets.

AzShooter
10-05-2008, 06:54 PM
I used two six cavity moulds. What a diffence that makes.