PDA

View Full Version : Reloading/ Swaging Press

buckeye
10-05-2008, 12:19 PM
For years now I have toyed with the idea of bullet swaging.I have limited space and would like to have one press for both duties.I believe I want an actual swaging press.Is there one that will work for both reloading and swaging? I know Corbin makes a MegaMite press but $1000.00! Something that would work the same for about $500.00 maybe?

Bullshop
10-05-2008, 02:07 PM
The wallnuthill press from the other Corbin, R. Corbin. Same press 1/2 the price.
BIC/BS

Paul Tummers
10-13-2008, 02:19 PM
For years now I have toyed with the idea of bullet swaging.I have limited space and would like to have one press for both duties.I believe I want an actual swaging press.Is there one that will work for both reloading and swaging? I know Corbin makes a MegaMite press but $1000.00! Something that would work the same for about $500.00 maybe?

I am playing with the same thoughts for years also;In 7 years I can stop working, and this could be a nice way of combining hobby with some extra income.
for me this would be swaging rifle bullets in .224, 7mm, and 308 and pistol bullets in 9 mm.
I just do not dare yet to make a calculation of investments, I assume, it will be more than $2000.00 for press, dies, cups and wire, but it attracts me, to be able to make a first class bullet for a close community.
Regards,
Paul T.

calaloo
10-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Dave Corbin's "S" Press Has been written up in one of the reloading magazines as a precision reloading press, I don't remember which one. It is an excellent swaging press. I have not used mine as a reloading press but it should work great. I believe the "S" Press currently lists for less than $500.00. I have both the "S" Press and a Walnut Hill and much prefer the "S" Press.

Bill

jcunclejoe
10-14-2008, 03:15 PM
I make top notch 22 (rimfire jacket) and 41 caliber jacketed bullets on a Rock Chucker press. I have less than $1000 incvested in the press, dies and all other related parts. I'm using CH dies for the 41 and Sport Flight Mfg (out of business) for the 22 rimfire jacket bullets. I use a Corbin core cutter for the 41's and a slightly modified set of wire stripper pliers ( with the machine screw shearing holes around the center) for the 22 caliber wire.
Works great and only one press required.
Good luck.

Joe Cullison's
Outlaw Bullets