PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my daughter and her school friends please...

mattw
12-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Friday night my daughter lost her favorite teacher to a freak car accident. Mr Jones, aged 74, was her all time favorite teacher. He only taught Spanish at our small school, and he learned it 2 summers ago so we would have a Spanish class. He had been a teacher his entire life and found it impossible to give up, even at his age. He an I had become good friends... we compared our beards often! Both, big, bushy and white!

My daughter would trade books with him, go in early to spend 20 minutes every day with him and is just crushed.

Mr Jones was killed taking a good personal friend to the nursing home to see their close friend, after she had a stroke. Mr. Jones and friend were killed in the accident and Mr Jone's wife of 50+ years was severely injured. This man was a very good and strong person in life, in his church and in his family and school.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2018-12-08/villa-grove-shock-over-crash-left-2-dead-1-injured.html

Thanks Matt

Pine Baron
12-09-2018, 05:57 PM
Such a tragedy. My prayers for Mrs. Jones, the family, and all the folks touched by this extraordinary man. A special prayer of comfort for your daughter.

Boaz
12-09-2018, 07:20 PM
Prayer will be sent shortly . Had a very similar with my daughter when one of her teachers died in a car accident , took time for the kids to deal with it .

Hickok
12-10-2018, 04:21 PM
Prayers sent in the name of Christ Jesus!

jcren
12-10-2018, 05:07 PM
Prayers sent

Goatwhiskers
12-10-2018, 07:55 PM
Special prayers sent. GW

USMC87
12-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Added to our prayer list.

mattw
12-13-2018, 10:14 AM
Update: They have finally scheduled the funeral, 10 days after the event. The hopes were for his wife to be able to see or attend, not sure what her condition is at this point. The kids have all put postings up in the hall, hearts and neck ties as he was really loved and known for his ties. Some of the comments even made this old guy drop a tear.

mold maker
12-13-2018, 10:56 AM
God needed a good Spanish teacher, and our loss is his gain.
After all, his talent was just on loan to us.
Peace and condolences to all who knew him.

mattw
12-20-2018, 12:04 PM
Quick followup... This accident has claimed our good teacher, who was also a traveling minister for the last 40 years and one of their best friends as well. It now looks like it will also claim his sweet wife as she has been placed into hospice.

The funeral service was beautiful. His twin brother, also and educator and minister, spoke for about 40 minutes and it was just like having John there. Ministers from out of state where there with stories and thoughts, as he had filled in for them as well and one congregation from Indianapolis sent a beautiful letter as well. The kids from our school that attended were obviously moved. There were tears, laughter and singing.

Such a tragic event in the lives of small towns.

rl69
12-23-2018, 02:12 PM
Sounds like Gods glory was shining bright in his life and in his death

mattw
12-23-2018, 02:27 PM
Well, thanks all for your thoughts and prayers. Johns wife passed Saturday morning. All three are now together in a better place.