PDA

View Full Version : Lee Cust Serv SUCKS

Walks
12-07-2018, 06:05 PM
I just bought a pair of Lee bullets sizer's.
A .358 & a .452, from a big ebay Lee dealer.

Received yesterday morning, opened immediately. The .452 was missing it's push rod.
Sent email to ebay dealer, 24hours, no response.

Called Lee,

their response: MAIL them a PHOTOGRAPH of the contents of the package, along with a receipt from the Dealer.

THEN they would let me know what they'll do.
So what the hell do I do now ?

Probably call them back next week and have to spend $10 bucks for a pissant part not worth .50 cents. Probably made in china for all of .03 cents.

Stinking system...............................RATS

ericandelaine1975
12-07-2018, 06:13 PM
Make one out of a bolt

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MyFlatline
12-07-2018, 06:15 PM
So it's Lee's fault that the Dealer screwed up and hasn't answered you..WOW, that bad..

RogerDat
12-07-2018, 06:26 PM
Ever hear the phrase "borrowing trouble from the future"? Your post is all about bad things that could happen that haven't yet taken place and may never happen.

They want you to show what you received in the package and a receipt for having purchased the item. Hardly surprising. I bought a brass trim die from Titan Reloading (site sponsor ad at top of page) and when the die O ring was failing to grip the brass Titan emailed Lee confirmation of my purchase (from awhile back) and Lee sent out a new die since they no longer stocked the O ring style.

So you bought from eBay was it a Lee authorized reseller? Or just someone selling some Lee stuff from an estate sale? If I buy a Ford from a private party it is a bit different than buying that vehicle from a Ford dealership.

You asked what you do. You take out a phone or other digital camera and send them the proof of purchase and picture of the package contents they requested seems the course of action most likely to lead to a resolution. They ship replacement parts for free IF you don't order anything else at the same time. If you place an order the system adds in the shipping on the ordered item. If it is "warranty" part there is no shipping.

If you bought used stock from just some eBay seller you may be working through eBay not Lee. Which does seem fair if Lee had nothing whatever to do with the sale on eBay. Picture of the receipt from dealer will probably clarify that quickly. Probably won't know what you will have to do or how it will work out until you actually give them a chance to make good by doing your part.

Eddie17
12-07-2018, 06:31 PM
We have better vendor sponsors on site!
Lee customer service is great!

am44mag
12-07-2018, 07:08 PM

Received yesterday morning, opened immediately. The .452 was missing it's push rod.

Called Lee,

their response: MAIL them a PHOTOGRAPH of the contents of the package, along with a receipt from the Dealer.

Probably call them back next week and have to spend $10 bucks for a pissant part not worth .50 cents. Probably made in china for all of .03 cents.

Those requests sound reasonable to me.

Moonie
12-07-2018, 09:32 PM
"I bought something you made from someone on e-bay and it was missing parts, please send the missing parts" And you expect them to just take your word and not ask for more information??? Let me guess, you do not work in retail...

Dusty Bannister
12-07-2018, 09:44 PM
The push rod for the 358 sizer will work for the time being. Maybe not for seating gas checks and crimping, but for sizing bullets just put the 358 push rod in the press and get busy. Annoyed? Yes. Adapt and get on with business, it will work fine. Dusty

dragon813gt
12-07-2018, 09:47 PM
Probably made in China? Lee makes everything in the US. Like everything else in the OP that comment is out of line. Lee seems to be going above and beyond so far. They could have easily told you to contact the seller and they couldn’t do anything.

Take the picture, send in proof or purchase and see what they do. I’d be angry at the seller for not responding.

Walks
12-07-2018, 09:48 PM
I said their Cust Serv sucks because no one with a simple problem should be spoken to as if they were inconveniencing you, treated with the implication that they were dishonest.

I have no way to take a photograph other then to have my Daughter come over and do it for me.

I'm supposed to SNAIL MAIL them a copy of the PayPal receipt and a photograph of a missing part.

Rogerdat,
You didn't even bother to read past the title of my post.

Ericandelaine1975,
If I still had the hands and tools that could make one, then It wouldn't matter either way.

I guess you people don't care if you're spoken to in an insulting and condescending manner.

Freightman
12-07-2018, 09:53 PM
File a complaint with Pay Pal and Ebay see if that works.

JBinMN
12-07-2018, 10:01 PM
So it's Lee's fault that the Dealer screwed up and hasn't answered you..WOW, that bad..

Yep. You are blaming the wrong person/business.

-----------

Not long ago, a member here sold me some reloading items & among those items was a never used "old style" Lee Safety Prime that can be mounted on a Lee Classic Turret Press.

I had a Lee CTP so I went to put it on the press & the "Old style" adapter would not fit correctly.

I called Lee & told them about the whole deal & they sent me a "New style" adapter at no charge to me.

No PICs, NO Nothin.. I just talked to some gal who answered the phone, explained the situation, & "toot suit" it was handled... NO COST but the little time to explain the deal.

I was polite & SHE was Polite....

They just stood by their products & helped out a customer that was buying from ANOTHER customer & NOT a dealer.

-----

I feel bad for ya, but the one you need to "GET ON", is the one who sold ya the piece.

NOT the one who MAKES the piece.

dragon813gt
12-07-2018, 10:03 PM
It’s 2018 and business has been done digitally for the better part of a decade. It’s not Lee’s fault that you can’t take a pic and attach to an email along w/ a .pdf of the receipt. Having to send it through the USPS falls on you.

Lee did not talk down to you. They always want pictures. And asking for proof of purchase is standard procedure for most companies. Lee has done nothing wrong. It seems you’re taking what they’ve said the wrong way.

poppy42
12-07-2018, 10:33 PM
Over the years I’ve had several instances were I had to contact Lee customer service! They have always, and I repeat always! Taken excellent care of me! They have replaced broken parts without question( oh by the way they were broken due to improper use on my part) They have even replaced missing parts from a 4 hole Turret press which I bought second hand at no charge ( not even shipping charges)! Every single person I’ve spoken to has treated me with the utmost respect and courtesy! But then again I have never bought a new item from anyone on fleabay! So, let me ask, could the problem be with some fleabay vendor and not with Lee customer service? Or is it the manufacturer fault that some second rate distributors failed to ship all the required items in a given order?

HumptyDumpty
12-07-2018, 10:38 PM
No, it would be much easier if you email it to them. If you aren't comfortable doing so, then let your daughter do it. It's as simple as snapping a digital photograph, and sending it to Lee's customer service email address. But, if you want to print the picture, and send it via the postal sevice, you won't be looking at ten bucks, more like one-or-less.

HangFireW8
12-07-2018, 11:10 PM
You don't have to MAIL a receipt. You can email a picture of the receipt.

In my recent experience with Lee (which would be... this past week) my replacement was in the mail THE NEXT DAY after I complied with their request.

While I have had my issues with Lee, they are not in the free parts business (like RCBS). Their policies are reasonable and their service, of late, has been very fast and pleasant.

ericandelaine1975
12-07-2018, 11:22 PM
Ericandelaine1975,

If I still had the hands and tools that could make one, then It wouldn't matter either way.

I guess you people don't care if you're spoken to in an insulting and condescending manner.

All I did was make a suggestion. I didn't say that to be an *******. Just a simple fix to a problem to get you by until things were figured out. And no nobody like being talked to as you described. However you didn't mean that in your OP. So before you go pitching a ***** about the comments maybe you should clarify the real issue. Especially since that was never mentioned. It's kinda hard to make a comment on information you don't know.

am44mag
12-07-2018, 11:27 PM
I said their Cust Serv sucks because no one with a simple problem should be spoken to as if they were inconveniencing you, treated with the implication that they were dishonest.

I have no way to take a photograph other then to have my Daughter come over and do it for me.

I'm supposed to SNAIL MAIL them a copy of the PayPal receipt and a photograph of a missing part.

Rogerdat,
You didn't even bother to read past the title of my post.

Ericandelaine1975,

You are trying to make your problems out the be their problems. It's not their fault that you do not have a camera when the vast majority of Americans do, and it's not their fault that you feel you need to mail them a receipt and picture when they could easily be emailed instead (you obviously have an internet connection). Asking you to provide proof of your purchase is not condescending at all. It's standard practice for every business I have ever dealt with. I apologize if I come off as crass, but you need to grow a thicker skin. They are willing to help you if you just provide them with what they need. Have you considered the possibility that maybe just maybe you are on the wrong side of this and are giving LEE undeserved criticism? ESPECIALLY when 11 people have basically told you that you're wrong and not a single person has said that you're right? I can understand your frustration, but LEE doesn't deserve this sort of treatment when all they are trying to do is help you.

Walks
12-07-2018, 11:37 PM
You guys aren't LISTENING !

The Lady at LEE was RUDE from the start.

I was raised to speak with courtesy and politeness to everyone.

Which is what I did.

I simply said I had purchased a new item from a reputable dealer, that was missing a part.

This Lady verbally attacked me.

She TOLD me to SNAIL MAIL the picture & receipt.

I never told her I couldn't email anything to her, I never had the chance.

My RANT is plain.

The Lady was RUDE, CONDESCENDING AND INSULTING.

I gave her no reason to be that way whatsoever.

This is no way to treat anyone.

It's not about the item missing parts.

It's about the way I was treated.

am44mag
12-07-2018, 11:39 PM
You guys aren't LISTENING !

The Lady at LEE was RUDE from the start.

I was raised to speak with courtesy and politeness to everyone.

Which is what I did.

I simply said I had purchased a new item from a reputable dealer, that was missing a part.

This Lady verbally attacked me.

She TOLD me to SNAIL MAIL the picture & receipt.

I never told her I couldn't email anything to her, I never had the chance.

My RANT is plain.

The Lady was RUDE, CONDESCENDING AND INSULTING.

I gave her no reason to be that way whatsoever.

This is no way to treat anyone.

It's not about the item missing parts.

It's about the way I was treated.

Where in your original post did you ever mention that they were rude to you? Your rant was not plain. It focused on what you had to do, not on what they said and how they said it. If you had included that from the start, you might have gotten different responses. My advise? Report it to a manager. If they don't know they have a rude employee, they won't know there's an issue they need to fix with their customer service.

Called Lee,

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-07-2018, 11:43 PM
It's awesome that Lee might help you out.
But really, it's the ebay sellers responsibility.

If the ebay seller is a castboolits member, maybe they'll see this thread and send you a PM?

ericandelaine1975
12-07-2018, 11:50 PM
No. Your rant isn't plain in the first post. You did not say anything about anyone being rude. Yes they said mail. You assume they meant the USPS. However alot of people say mail for email now. Now try this. First calm down and then read your OP as if you were reading someone else's post. Forget about them being rude to you. Now think about what it says. What would you think about the post? It appears that you were complaining about them trying to help you. Now that its known that they were rude it takes on a new meaning to those of us that read it.

Grmps
12-08-2018, 01:18 AM
Put the pressure on E-bay Lee precision had nothing to do with this. They've ALWAYS been nice to me over the years.

In the future, you'll find that item are usually cheaper on Amazon, they have free return shipping and better customer service.

scotner
12-08-2018, 01:38 AM
I would address this issue through eBay and PayPal if that service was used. I have had problems in the past with no response from the seller. eBay contacted the seller and after they received no response they simply refunded my payment.

I have posted on this forum before regarding my experience with Lee customer service so I will not go into a lot of detail but I was far less than impressed. A sprue cutter lever broke on a 6 cavity mold the first time I used it. First they emailed me the "proper" way to use a sprue cutter (I am not an idiot and I did read the instructions that came with the mold). Then they agreed to send me a replacement part but charged me shipping in an amount that would have covered the cost of the part plus shipping. I would not say that I will never use Lee products again. For example I still use their handles on Accurate molds and I recently bought one of the factory crimp dies for the 357 Sig. But I am not as inclined to buy just anything from them without shopping around for options.

Walks
12-08-2018, 03:48 AM
Well Guys,

I guess, I owe you all an apology. I did not make myself clear on my whining.

I spent over a dozen years working as a Store Mgr & Trouble Shooter for a Big Shooting & Fishing Chain here in SoCal called Turners Outdoorsman.

So I understand the concept of Customer Service. I know how to deal with problems. I WAS never rude, condescending, or impolite in any fashion. And I never accused a customer of dishonesty.

I still feel if a Factory Packaged item is missing a part, then that is on the Manufacturer. Not the Dealer. But the Dealer bears the brunt of it.

Today everything you buy says if you have a problem, contact the manufacturer.

The store/seller doesn't care. The money is in their pocket. Screw the customer. If the manufacturer doesn't stand behind their products. Why bother to buy from them.

I took a picture of the package, minus the push rod.
E-mailed the PayPal receipt & picture to Lee.

If this is a sample of Lee's Cust. Serv., then I'm going to seriously rethink ever buying another LEE product.

And I don't ever use foul language taking to anybody.
Unless It's a preface to punching them in the mouth. And my rough & tumble days are long past.

Thanks for listening.

rondog
12-08-2018, 04:10 AM
You know, a pushrod from another sizing die kit will work just fine as long as it's not too big. That'll get you going until the one you need comes in.

Just sayin'.....

airone46
12-08-2018, 04:39 AM
"I bought something you made from someone on e-bay and it was missing parts, please send the missing parts" And you expect them to just take your word and not ask for more information??? Let me guess, you do not work in retail...

Maybe the translator of my computer has misunderstood !!!
Or Lee is a great prankster who likes to make fun of customers!
The customer writes to Lee because there is a missing piece in the package, and Lee responds to send them the missing piece ???
How do people send something that does not exist ???

toallmy
12-08-2018, 07:40 AM
If you feel the employee of lee was rude or nasty to you , make a complaint the company - they will get to the bottom of it . If you're not satisfied with the first person you reach , just call back again or tell them you want to speak to their supervisor . Now with that out of the way you should hold the ebay seller responsible for the financial part of the problem , I would demand a full refund and return the item , on their dime . Contact PayPal or your credit card whatever you used for payment to stop the transaction , then the seller will definitely get back to you to correct the problem .

Walks
12-08-2018, 05:02 PM
Well Guys,

As the "Bard" said; "Much ado about nothing".

The ebay seller just now responded to my msg.
He is sending a replacement.

I may call Lee back after the replacement arrives, complete. Talk to a Supvr.

If you have to prove everything you say in today's retail world, then our society has grown pretty pathetic. And why would a person lie about a push rod ? That in and of itself makes no sense.

All being said and done, when the new kit is delivered and found to be complete. I will ask admin to delete this post.

Thanks

MyFlatline
12-08-2018, 05:10 PM
Walks, I'm glad it is working out for you. Yes our society is getting pretty bad. Harbor Freight use to give away all kinds of trinkets to get you to come shop. Every Wednesday , they were on the tables at the Flea Market for sale. Yes , there are people that low and that effects the honest ones..

ericandelaine1975
12-08-2018, 05:16 PM
Good to hear.

Hannibal
12-08-2018, 06:01 PM
Yep. You are blaming the wrong person/business.

I have to agree. If you purchase a defective item/item missing parts the usual course is to contact the seller. If the seller has not responded, there are many possible reasons. Everything from the seller deceased suddenly to the seller is a schmuck and knew parts were missing and everything in between.
Lee will more than likely make it right, even though I don't think they should be held ultimately responsible for resold items with missing parts.
Ebay has it's problems, one of which you just encountered.

I hope things are ultimately resolved to your satisfaction.

Traffer
12-08-2018, 06:26 PM
It is better to let things cool down before confronting someone. I have made that mistake many times. Get hot about something and call them only to get further frustrated. Whereas calling after cooling down generally gets things done. As they say "you catch more flies with honey". I have had dealings with Lee also. I bought a used press from a guy and I BROKE a part that was clearly my fault...Called Lee and they sent the part for the price of shipping. Customer service can't get much better than that.

John Boy
12-08-2018, 08:08 PM
Your issue for replacement is with the eBay seller and if not resolved within 3 days ...

Ask eBay to step in and help for buyers

Most of the time sellers will be able to resolve your issue, but if the seller hasn't been able to fix things for you after 3 business days, you can ask us to step in and help. We'll consider all the details and be as fair as possible with our decision.

Tom W.
12-08-2018, 11:11 PM
just asking, but doesn't your computer, tablet, laptop or whatever have a camera?

I have an old flip phone that has a camera .....just asking........

am44mag
12-08-2018, 11:25 PM
If you have to prove everything you say in today's retail world, then our society has grown pretty pathetic. And why would a person lie about a push rod ? That in and of itself makes no sense.

You're looking at it from the perspective of an honest man. The world is unfortunately full of dishonest men. I have worked in customer service related fields, and to say lies were common is an understatement. If people have no problem lying straight to your face, imagine how easy it is for them to do so over a phone or through email. It doesn't matter that it's just a cheap push rod. They will lie nonetheless. The pettiness of a person like this knows no bounds. It's a sad state of affairs, and I really cannot blame companies for trying to combat it. I fully agree that our society has grown pathetic over the years.

I'm glad to hear the seller finally took responsibility.

Walks
12-08-2018, 11:57 PM
GEEZ,

You Guys are all great,

Thanks for the kind words and the smack to the side of the head.

It never occured to me to use a push rod from another sizer die, I do have .429 & .430
My lack of brains WOULD NOT have disappointed my DAD.

But NOW I got a doozy of a Cust. Serv. Story for you all coming up, in my next thread, LMAO. WIFE, not so much.