PDA

View Full Version : What Christmas is all about

Boaz
12-07-2018, 08:15 AM
Merry Christmas ! I need say nothing more , Linus says it all .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVp5AGte_4Q

high standard 40
12-07-2018, 08:28 AM
Amen, Boaz. Christ is the reason for the season. Merry Christmas.

square butte
12-07-2018, 08:43 AM
May the Good Lord's Blessings be poured out upon all of us

Pine Baron
12-07-2018, 09:51 AM
And to think, this was originally on broadcast TV back in the day. My how we have fallen.

JBinMN
12-07-2018, 10:04 AM
Merry Christmas to All!
:)

PJEagle
12-07-2018, 10:05 AM
Boaz,
Thank You for posting this link. All I can say is, Amen.

rl69
12-07-2018, 03:50 PM
Thank you charley for thouse who wount click a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVp5AGte_4Q

mattw
12-07-2018, 04:15 PM
Amen brother! Thanks for the great thoughts and wisdom of the Charlie Brown crew! Grew up with them..

Blackwater
12-07-2018, 06:58 PM
Every year, I see a little more emphasis on Santa rather than on the Baby Jesus, and this has been going on for many years now. How far will it go before the story of Jesus will be forgotten, or maybe forbidden to be broadcast? I don't know if it'll ever get that overt, but it sure seems to be dwindling down many peoples' expectations and joy for this season. And what it'll do to the children coming up now .... well, I don't even want to think about that!

Christmas exists for one reason, and one reason only, and it's not about Santa. Alegedly, Santa came into the picture to promote the giving of gifts, as the Wise Men had given to Baby Jesus on that first Christmas. Retailers liked this a lot, because it promoted profits. Now, if you only watch TV, you'd think that's ALL it's about, because the story of Jesus' birth is rarely if ever even mentioned today. Fox News is the only place where I've personally heard it even mentioned in a number of years.

It's said we're now a nation in decline. After WWII, we progressed and expanded and produced like had never before been known on earth. The point of our decline, I believe, began in the 60's, with the general popularization of liberalism and the thrust of things away from "downer" things like duty and responsibility, and onto "do it if it feels good" and similar licentious attitudes and morality. And from that point forward, we've gotten further and further from "religion" (Christianity), Christ, the joy of forgiveness of our sins, and an expectation of better things to come when we past through this "vale of tears."

I feel sorry for those who don't know Christ, or who've never even tried to investigate Him honestly. I wish nothing bad upon them. They've already elected the worst they can suffer. But it's no fun watching perfectly "intelligent" people deny what is clearly certain Truth, and doing all they can, in at least some cases, to prevent others from enjoying this wondrous season in the way our beliefs merit.

Merry Christmas to all of you, and sincere wishes for a very blessed and wonderful Christmas. Don't let the non-believers get you down!

Hickok
12-10-2018, 04:11 PM
Have a blessed and merry Christmas, everyone and your loved ones!

And to the people who do not believe in Christ Jesus, or who are atheists, back up your belief, and prove it. Don't take any holiday time off, keep working, don't get involved in something you don't believe in.

But I sincerely hope and pray that all will open their hearts and minds and let the good news of the birth, life, death and resurrection of the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords into your lives!

smoked turkey
12-11-2018, 12:44 AM
Amen! Yes, that is what Christmas is all about.

Boaz
12-21-2018, 07:37 PM
Would thank you for bumping this one up a few days yet , I think it relevant .

Thank you !
Charlie

USMC87
12-22-2018, 10:26 AM
The only reason, Jesus Christ!

Houndog
12-22-2018, 03:08 PM
I get more and more disheartened every Christmas with all the shopping and partying and less and less emphisis on the real meaning of Christmas. JESUS IS THE BEST GIFT EVER GIVEN TO MANKIND and how that gift is just pushed aside in today's wicked world! JESUS IS coming back to claim his people SOON and I can only hope it happens today! I'm so looking forward to that day and I'm sure I'm not the only one on this board! May GOD bless all of you this CHRISTMAS season.

Houndog

rl69
12-22-2018, 06:16 PM
I'm not disheartened about Christmas but I hope He returns today

daloper
12-22-2018, 08:51 PM
Merry Christmas to All.

WRideout
12-22-2018, 09:01 PM
My wife had our five year-old grandaughter, Lily, along with her at an "antique" store; mostly a second -hand shop. While they were browsing, Lily said "Look, it's baby Jesus!" and pointed to a nativity scene that was on display. Then she pointed at a rotund doll figure dressed in red nearby. "What's that," she asked. My wife said, "That's Santa Claus." Lily looked perplexed for a minute then said, "He doesn't belong there." My wife said, "You're right, Lily." and chuckled. Out of the mouths of babes...

Wayne