PDA

View Full Version : Are there zinc stick on wheelweights now ??

Ohio Rusty
12-02-2018, 06:07 PM
I sold a fellow two buckets of stick on wheel weights. He said that 9 pounds of them were zinc. I've never heard of zinc stick ons let alone seen any. If they cut thru with wirecutters, they are soft, if they are hard, they are the little steel ones.Anyone having zinc stick ons in they wheelweights now ??
Ohio Rusty ><>

kbstenberg
12-02-2018, 06:10 PM
Yes there are stick on zink.

rdwarrior
12-02-2018, 06:13 PM
yes there are zinc stick on weights. Most but not all are clearly marked Zn. If you cant cut them with side cutters and they are not magnetic then they are zinc. If magnetic then steel. I always sort first with side cutters. If i get one i cant cut that is not marked then i used a magnet that sits next to me to determine what they are.

BK7saum
12-02-2018, 06:26 PM
Yes. All I've found have a Zn imprint, but they are plentiful.

Hossfly
12-02-2018, 06:45 PM
Yes there is zinc in every possible form now.

Ohio Rusty
12-02-2018, 09:14 PM
The guy told me of they are coated or painted, they are zinc. He is wrong on that account. Not all are. I checked a handfull of stick on strips from my WW buckets, some were coated with gray paint and those cut easily with side cutters..... clearly lead. I know the regular clip on WW's many are zinc as I can't cut those. I'll keep a watch out for zinkers in the clipons. Haven't see them yet ...
Ohio Rusty ><>

Mitch
12-02-2018, 11:05 PM
I have found most all of the painted gray stick on are lead abut the same alloy as clip on.i don't see many zn stick on.I don't see as many zn ww as I did a few years ago.seems to be more of the rubber and plastic stuff now

lightman
12-04-2018, 03:31 PM
As the others have said, yes there are zinc stick on weights. Most of the ones I have found are marked.

Grmps
12-04-2018, 03:52 PM
a nice thing about zinc, the markings stay clear and easy to read