PDA

View Full Version : Induction annealing jackets

jdfoxinc
11-25-2018, 07:32 PM
I just purchased an induction heating machine and power supply to annealing my LR based jackets. I'm going to experiment with melting my core into the jacket at the same time to save a step. I was hoping to use the same supply to copper plate bullets but it won't turn down low enough, voltage or amperage.

muleskinner222
11-25-2018, 08:57 PM
I just purchased an induction heating machine and power supply to annealing my LR based jackets. I'm going to experiment with melting my core into the jacket at the same time to save a step. I was hoping to use the same supply to copper plate bullets but it won't turn down low enough, voltage or amperage.

I was thinking about this last week. What machine did you buy? I was looking at building one.

jdfoxinc
11-26-2018, 11:57 AM
I bought the power supply, switches, whatever you call the heater, and graphite crucibles (for other projects), from banggoods.com. Lots of heaters available for various power levels and prices. The power supply and heater were $100.00 & $45.00. I'll have to build a box for the switches. You let the power supply spin up first, then turn on the heater.

Sitzme
12-03-2018, 06:53 PM
There used to be some 12-48vdc ZVS 1kw units for next to nothing on feabay. You could use car batteries to experiment before getting a real power supply. The process should work based on my limited experience. To much time at work and not enough at home in the garage...

It should also be useful for annealing case necks.