PDA

View Full Version : zeroed for hunting

shaper
11-23-2018, 09:27 PM
Yesterday my son n law came over to zero his hunting rifle . ( he missed 3 deer) After zeroing his scope and rifle I decided to bring out my M-1 for the first time. I had loaded two clips with new Remington ammo when I got the rifle several months ago. Took 4 shots to center my shots but wanted to hear the "ping" with the 8th shot. We retrieved all of the brass and took a good look at them. One had a crack at the neck so we looked again. The next one had 3 cracks in the neck area. All others looked good. I'll dig out the box tomorrow to see what the load is. This brass is new never reloaded.

Thin Man
11-24-2018, 08:55 AM
Sounds like Remington's problems in rifle manufacture may have moved over into their ammo line. Why not try another brand of ammo to get an idea if this issue is created by the ammo or the rifle.

jsizemore
11-24-2018, 09:26 AM
Seen it with Federal 308 Gold Medal Match a few years ago.

Hardcast416taylor
11-26-2018, 03:38 PM
I`m afraid that I wouldn`t be using that commercial ammo thru an M-1 as the type of powder used may not be very friendly with the op rod. Hornady makes M-1 friendly ammo that is designed for use in an M-1.Robert