PDA

View Full Version : What this Thanksgiving means to me

poppy42
11-22-2018, 08:42 PM
Well it’s been an interesting year. I still haven’t had a meaningful conversation with my son in over a year but that’s OK the ball is in his court and I see my granddaughter’s . Financially speaking mayor will leave that one alone other than to say maybe a little bit better than last year.On some positive note I’m still above ground still kicking in screaming and I’m happy to say I have a nephew that walked into a hospital waiting for surgery with a diagnosis of n- stage gall bladder cancer, after six hours of surgery his surgeons told him ah we made a mistake and we can’t find any cancer in your body whatsoever ! That my friend is some **** good news ! And now the main reason for my post. I have never in my life ran into a bunch of strangers willing to give more help and support than my fellow forum members on this forum! A select few of you have been there, offered to help and support in anyway possible and for that I can’t thank you all enough and you know who you are. For that I truly want to thank you all! And I hope each and every member has a very happy thanksgiving!
May god bless you all in the coming year.
Thank you sincerely,
Poppy42
Ray Jankoski

MyFlatline
11-22-2018, 09:01 PM
I am thankful for...After 5 long years, my wife is still cancer free. Hopefully in the next week or so she will finally have teeth. While her breathing tube will remain for the rest of her life, she still is able to lay beside me at night.

For that , I am Thankful.

abunaitoo
11-22-2018, 09:09 PM
Lost a few good friends this year.
I'm thankful that I had the privileged to have know them.

xs11jack
11-22-2018, 09:33 PM
This year I have been blessed by the members of this board and after years without a church my wife and I have started going to one in my town and they too have blessed my wife and me. Hard to beat that for blessings from the Lord.
Ole Jack

375supermag
11-22-2018, 10:33 PM
Hi...
Thankful to still be alive after three bouts of cancer in life with two terminal diagnosis.
I am currently in remission so I have much to be thankful for.
Wife is well, children and grandchildren and my only great grandchild are all healthy and doing well.
I was able to retire earlier this year.
I am truly blessed and have much to be thankful for.

Texas by God
11-22-2018, 11:33 PM
I thanked the Lord for letting me look at a very nice ten point 50 yds off the back porch this morning. I held the crosshairs on his neck, knowing the 180gr C309170f would drop him. Then I lowered the rifle, grinned at my wife, and went back in the house to peel taters. God blesses every day!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RED BEAR
11-24-2018, 01:56 PM
most of the people i grew up with are long gone. growing up in the chemical capital of the south the cancer rate is considerably higher than avarage . i left at 18 so that may be a blessing. one of the plants even had a free car wash for anyone although it was just high pressure water but it would knock the dirt.