PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
11-20-2018, 07:45 AM
In Him we have…the forgiveness of sins… EPHESIANS 1:7
Beware of the pleasant view of the fatherhood of God: God is so kind and loving that of course He will forgive us. That thought, based solely on emotion, cannot be found anywhere in the New Testament. The only basis on which God can forgive us is the tremendous tragedy of the Cross of Christ. To base our forgiveness on any other ground is unconscious blasphemy. The only ground on which God can forgive our sin and reinstate us to His favor is through the Cross of Christ. There is no other way! Forgiveness, which is so easy for us to accept, cost the agony at Calvary. We should never take the forgiveness of sin, the gift of the Holy Spirit, and our sanctification in simple faith, and then forget the enormous cost to God that made all of this ours.
Forgiveness is the divine miracle of grace. The cost to God was the Cross of Christ. To forgive sin, while remaining a holy God, this price had to be paid. Never accept a view of the fatherhood of God if it blots out the atonement. The revealed truth of God is that without the atonement He cannot forgive— He would contradict His nature if He did. The only way we can be forgiven is by being brought back to God through the atonement of the Cross. God’s forgiveness is possible only in the supernatural realm.
Compared with the miracle of the forgiveness of sin, the experience of sanctification is small. Sanctification is simply the wonderful expression or evidence of the forgiveness of sins in a human life. But the thing that awakens the deepest fountain of gratitude in a human being is that God has forgiven his sin. Paul never got away from this. Once you realize all that it cost God to forgive you, you will be held as in a vise, constrained by the love of God

Boaz
11-20-2018, 08:52 AM
Something we should never forget . Christ died to offer a way to pay for our sin and also to relieve us ourselves of that burden . It's up to us to use what he freely gave to us .

square butte
11-20-2018, 09:00 AM
Amen & Amen - Appreciate the morning word and scripture. God Bless

USMC87
11-20-2018, 01:53 PM
Christ died to secure our Salvation, He is our surety. What we could not do in any way possible Christ did in our place.

rl69
11-20-2018, 07:05 PM
So if our salvation comes only threw Christ ( wich I believe ) what about the folks in the Old Testament ? Was their faith in the coming Christ what saved them

Ickisrulz
11-20-2018, 08:48 PM
So if our salvation comes only threw Christ ( wich I believe ) what about the folks in the Old Testament ? Was their faith in the coming Christ what saved them

Old Testament saints had very little idea about how God would redeem man. I doubt many knew or understood God's promise in Gen 3:15. But their faith in God is what put them into a right relationship with him.

"Abram believed the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness." Gen 15:6. In this case Abraham believed God's promise of descendants and land (not a coming Savior).

Of course these people were saved by the work of Jesus even though they could not image it during their lives.

Boaz
11-23-2018, 11:52 AM
Ickisrulz Is completely right . They did not know the 'method' of redemption but understood they would be redeemed . I like Isaiah 63;16 but there are many verses that show GOD offered redemption and salvation .

For You are our Father, though Abraham does not know us And Israel does not recognize us You, O LORD, are our Father, Our Redeemer from of old is Your name.

Blackwater
11-23-2018, 02:48 PM
Some resent it when I point out that PC has wormed its way even into some of our pulpits these days, but I can't not say it because some may take offense. I dare not hold back the simple Truth. And the "forgiveness" part of Christ's love for us is the PC part. We need to never forget the price if we fail to worship our Lord and Savior, and deny Him our recognition of Him as what He truly is, and we must NEVER forget the price for denying Him and His works here. It is a huge penalty, that none of us need pay. And yet, man's free will is subject to many, many forms of contempt and denials. God be with you all at this Holy season of the year, and I hope you remembered to thank the Lord for his Saving Grace yesterday.