PDA

View Full Version : NOE bushing die lube

porthos
11-18-2018, 01:49 PM
might be sizing down, .001-.002; the nose riding section of a noe mold. nose is now .3035. what are my choices for lubing?? and next question. has anyone noticed any decrease in accuracy from using the bushing dies; especially the nose sizing die??

wendyj
11-20-2018, 10:43 AM
I like mine and if I am going to run through a lube sizer afterwards I use Hornady one shot to run them through the bushing. One thing I just found out is after a set of sizing get the bushing out as it is a pain in the butt after sitting inside it for a month to remove. If not using lube sizer I just use 45-45-10

popper
11-20-2018, 02:29 PM
All I did with the NOE nose sizer was got stuck boolits. Lube or not.

Kraschenbirn
11-20-2018, 03:03 PM
I spray a soft shop towel with my homebrewed alcohol/lanolin case lube and, after the alcohol has evaporated out, roll the boolit across it just like an old RCBS caselube pad. Haven't had a stuck boolit yet.

Bill

waco
11-22-2018, 03:35 PM
All I did with the NOE nose sizer was got stuck boolits. Lube or not.

Same for me...

dragon813gt
11-22-2018, 06:43 PM
I use Dillon Case lube when the die is new die for the first few bullets. Since the bikers are coated w/ BLL no additional lube is needed after the first few.

I have had no issues after sizing w/ the bushings. I have not used the nose sizers so I can’t comment on them.

CamoWhamo
11-23-2018, 07:42 AM
I have the NOE dies in about 2 dozen sizers.
If you're trying to size down .002 or more they can be hard to push though.
I sometimes use a flouro polymer sizing lube made by Hi-Tek coating. Here in Aus it comes in a concentrate and you mix about a teaspoon in 1 litre bottle of denatured alcohol. It doesn't need much and it works great for it's intended purpose and as a press ram lube.

The geometry of the press linkage makes a huge difference. The NOE die places the sizer in the middle of the stroke where there is often less leverage available. I have found the Lee Breech Lock challenger works best with the NOE sizer. I have had bullets which i struggled to size in a RockChucker & T7 and yet the Lee Challenger breezes through due to it's long handle stroke.

10x
11-25-2018, 08:53 PM
I have the NOE dies in about 2 dozen sizers.
If you're trying to size down .002 or more they can be hard to push though.
I sometimes use a flouro polymer sizing lube made by Hi-Tek coating. Here in Aus it comes in a concentrate and you mix about a teaspoon in 1 litre bottle of denatured alcohol. It doesn't need much and it works great for it's intended purpose and as a press ram lube.

The geometry of the press linkage makes a huge difference. The NOE die places the sizer in the middle of the stroke where there is often less leverage available. I have found the Lee Breech Lock challenger works best with the NOE sizer. I have had bullets which i struggled to size in a RockChucker & T7 and yet the Lee Challenger breezes through due to it's long handle stroke.

I run the NOE sizing system with the sized holder upside down and the bushing in the "wrong" end
It works well using a smear of Lyman lube to hold in the bushing

lar45
11-27-2018, 05:54 PM
I've used the NOE sizers to run .375 jacketed bullets through a. 368 die to make .369 bullets for my 9.3x57mm that has an oversized barrel. I used Imperial sizing die wax. Also I polished the inside of the dies with some 600 grit and a slotted dowl.