PDA

View Full Version : Graf's Wano BP vs Goex

EchoSixMike
10-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Anybody have experience with both and have strong opinions either way? I'll be running 2F in an Austin and Halleck 50cal for hunting, probably using black belt 405's and maybe dabbling in pure lead REAL's or Lyman maxis for fun. S/F......Ken M

Geraldo
10-02-2008, 08:56 PM
I just got re-interested in BP a year or so ago, and I've been using Graf's mainly because it is cheaper than Goex. I'm using 3f in .45 and .50, and 2f in anything larger. It shoots well and seems to clean up easier than what I remember of Goex. I'm happy enough with it that I don't seem the need to do a comparison with Goex.

freedom475
10-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Goex is more expensive 'but' it is our Last American Black Powder Factory, if we don't support it and it goes away we may loose our ability to get sporting black powder in America. It is a good idea to support them as much as possible....

That being said....I have used a Lot of Grafs...( just under 30lbs so far this year) it shoots very well...Goex seems to have an Increased Density so it gives a little more velocity when loading by volume.

August
10-03-2008, 03:16 PM
I use both Shutzen (graf's) and Goex. I like 'em both. Just got a load of Goex, so I must have some preference for it.

thumper50
10-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Haven't shot any graf's. But I have found that Swiss, depending on the gun, will shoot like goex. It does to be a hair "snappier" tho. More $$ tho! My sidehammers like both!! Next time I get to the distributer, an hr. away, I am going to pick some up!

northmn
10-11-2008, 06:20 AM
I chronographed a load of Graf's against an equal load of GOEX (I have a thread on chronographed loads I printed a while ago) It was slightly slower in a 40 cal but not significantly so. Case lots of GOEX could vary as much. As each gun barrel is a law onto itself I think they are about equal in performance. I do not know about whether one burns cleaner or moister or the fouling characteristics of grafs as I have a little GOEX to shoot up yet.

Northmn

Nardoo
10-12-2008, 01:51 AM
I use Wano PP in my 45/70 and 45/90 and Wano FFFg in my muzzle loaders as Goex is getting difficult to find here. I find the Wano OK and at its price, get to shoot a lot more. Try it and see.

Nardoo

EchoSixMike
10-12-2008, 05:09 AM
Well, I bought 20lbs of the Wano 2Fg, so I hope it doesn't suck:mrgreen: S/F....Ken M

boommer
10-14-2008, 12:48 AM
I like swiss better consistency more horsepower but more$ goex- wano and others still are just fine. I think what you can load consistency will out weight velocity and if wano is what you have I think you will do fine, never played with wano just goex ,swiss but if it throws a slug or ball yahoo!! But I have found that 90grs swiss 1.5 is to much for power belts in my rifle but not lead slugs they seal up in the bore,somebody maybe has diff results .