PDA

View Full Version : Auction sites other than evilbay

abunaitoo
11-13-2018, 02:22 AM
Are there any other auction sites, for firearm parts/tools/ect, besides evil bay.
The prices there are for people with more money than ....................
They have reloading stuff, that the starting bid is higher than list price.
Every once in a while, even I get lucky there. But it's few and far between.
I've looked at gunbroker, but they are just as bad.
In the old days, I used to buy, and sell, lots of stuff on Auction arms and Gunbroker.
They changed owners and things quickly went down hill.
Seem to happen to many web sites. New owners, new rules. Money/ego becomes the main goal.
Any other sites people go to for firearm related auctions????

Oily
11-13-2018, 06:09 AM
On the auction sites you just have to be diligent. Last year there were 3 or 4 sellers that bought out some estate sales and listed reloading stuff at the same time. Instead of 80 items for bid there were 450. They saturated the market and I was able to buy 5 or 6 things. On Gunbroker of all places I bought 4 Lyman 4 cavity molds for a average price of $35 each. Exactly the opposite of how the bidding goes on these sites. Right place right time I guess. Haven't bought anything in 14 months. Armslist is good if you can meet people to get there product. I have driven 2 hrs to meet people for deals. But not in the last 18 months. Selling at low prices is cyclical and you just have to be ready when it comes around in your area.

jonp
11-13-2018, 03:14 PM
Gun Auction/Auction Arms. Very good luck there but like all the sights, prices are creeping up.

Thin Man
11-14-2018, 07:09 AM
I will occasionally look at Armslist.com for "in-state" commercials by both sellers and buyers. Firearms, accessories, ammo, lots to see. Occasionally I have seen some screaming deals that I didn't have the time to drive over to buy (very far away and driving time would have been too long). You can search the entire list, or one state at a time, for anything you are hoping to find. Settle back for a lot of reading and enjoy.