PDA

View Full Version : Redfield repair

Marine Sgt 2111
10-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Gentlemen, does anyone know of a company who repairs 1970-1980 type Redfield scopes?

skeet1
10-01-2008, 11:22 PM
I wish I could remember his last name but his first nsme is Mike and and lives in Sand Springs, OK on S. 113th St. W. He does all kind of repairs including cross hairs. He is an Oklahoma State Trooper and does this on the side. I believe he does Warnty work for Redfield. He repaired an old Redfield 2X to 7X that wouldn't hold a zero. it know works great. You might call the OK Highway Patrol and ask. I know he was on their pistol team.

10-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Try:
Parsons Scope Service
P.O. Box 192
Ross, OH 45061
513-867-0820
I have used this place and have been extremely pleased with my entire experience. Good guys.

shotman
10-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Red field is a new companey now You may try to find them on internet. I sent an old scope to them a few years ago and they said it couldnt be fixed-was too old--.They offered a "deal" on a new scope. I said I could buy the "deal" cheaper and to send old scope back ,that I would sell at a flea market and get another scope. Got the scope back in about a week fixed no charge still have it. rick

45nut
10-02-2008, 04:17 AM
Leupold just bought the Redfield brand, that may be a good thing.

Bret4207
10-02-2008, 05:33 AM
A short time ago there was a blurb that the Weaver Repair service in El PAso was closing. Anyone know if tht came to pass?

bullshot
10-02-2008, 06:44 AM
Marine Sgt
Try this site.

http://www.abousainc.com/

mike in co
10-02-2008, 09:04 AM
this is a reply i rec'd from this company( they recently bought theweaver repair parts when the 30 yr support period ended for weaver products)
they have a site...do a search on google

"Sorry for taking so long to respond -- we can do all the weavers and all the
redfields. Redfields are a flat rate of $70.00 and Weavers are a flat rate of
$75.00
Send check or money order along with your scopes to:
Iron Sight, Inc.
4814 S Elwood Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74107
Put a note in describing the problem and all the info we need to get them back
to you with your phone number.
We do have approximately a 18-20 week turnaround time and you have a 1 year
warranty after you get them back from us.
Thanks for contacting us. Jan @ Iron Sight, Inc."

mike in co

Marine Sgt 2111
10-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Gentlemen, thank you for all of your responses. I can only speak for myself but it is so nice to have a reliable source for information on just about any subject. Thanks again for your input and information. OOOOrahhhh

jhalcott
10-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Ironsight did a great job on an old redfield scope for me. I heartily reccommend them!

tom barthel
10-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Don't remember the name but, I run into one guy at the Sooner gun shows in Tulsa,OK every time I go there. I'm not sure but, I think his first name is Mike. I got a couple of used/rebuilt redfields from him several years ago. Those scopes still work GREAT. I'm finding all sorts of business cards but, none of his. The next Sooner gun show in Tulsa is December 1-2. I am VERY happy with the used/rebuilt scopes I got from him.

NVcurmudgeon
10-03-2008, 01:25 PM
I phoned one scope repair place and an Indian gentleman answered. He gave the distnct impression that my scope would be going to India, especially when he said turnaround was 20 weeks, but I could have it back sooner if I paid an extra $48 for air freight. Iron sight in Oklahoma will get my work.

BustemAgain
10-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Iron Sight in Oklahoma is the only place to get Redfield repair done in my opinion. I have never heard a good thing about ABO in Miami but I have heard a lot of horror stories. Like keeping your scope for months and then offering a "reduced" price on some Tasco or other Asian discount brand instead of repairing yours. Iron Sight on the other hand can repair and refurbish any Redfield. They also can replace reticles with any original Redfield reticle other than the peep plex. Post and crosshair lovers take note.

crowbeaner
10-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Howsabout making this one a sticky? Good info.

Ben
10-04-2008, 10:19 PM
I tried to get ABO to work on a 1970's model 6 X 40 mm Redfield.

You'd have thought that I was asking for brain surgery.

They didn't impress me. I've still got my Redfield, after listening to their " run around " on the phone with someone that I could barely understand, I gave up.

The elevation turret on my scope isn't working properly. Windage is fine.

I'd still like to get it fixed, but I won't be sending it to ABO. If I can't understand them when I'm talking to them, I don't need to be doing business with them.

Ben