PDA

View Full Version : Flag Flying

xs11jack
11-10-2018, 01:03 PM
Should a person fly a flag at half mast tomorrow which is Veterans Day??
Ole Jack

DCP
11-10-2018, 01:10 PM
On Memorial Day, the day set aside to honor all the people who have died while serving the United States. Originally called Decoration Day, the flag is flown at half-staff until noon, then raised to full staff until sundown.

JBinMN
11-10-2018, 01:17 PM
I fly mine full mast since I feel I am saluting All veterans and thanking them for their service. As well, it was a day for victory for Freedom.

P.S. - Today is the USMC 243rd B-day. Another good reason to fly the national colors.
;)

DCP
11-10-2018, 04:28 PM
I fly mine full mast since I feel I am saluting All veterans and thanking them for their service. As well, it was a day for victory for Freedom.

P.S. - Today is the USMC 243rd B-day. Another good reason to fly the national colors.
;)

On Memorial Day, the day set aside to honor all the people who have died while serving the United States.

Veteran's Day (formerly Armistice Day), November 11th: This is a day to honor our nation's veterans. It is not a day of mourning, but a day of celebration and honor. Therefore, it is not a day of half-staff.

JBinMN
11-10-2018, 04:58 PM
On Memorial Day, the day set aside to honor all the people who have died while serving the United States.

That's what Veterans day is for!

Well, maybe ya want to read the Original Post again. I brought it here for you so you don't have to go up to the top. Take a look at the BOLD.

Should a person fly a flag at half mast tomorrow which is Veterans Day??
Ole Jack

I am well away of the difference between the 2 days. Since he was talking about tomorrow, VETERANS day( which used to be "Armistice day") & NOT Memorial day. My post stays the same since it correct.

Have a nice Veterans day!
;)

Veterans Day (originally known as Armistice Day) is an official United States public holiday, observed annually on November 11, that honors military veterans; that is, persons who served in the United States Armed Forces. It coincides with other holidays, including Armistice Day and Remembrance Day, celebrated in other countries that mark the anniversary of the end of World War I; major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, when the Armistice with Germany went into effect. At the urging of major veteran organizations, Armistice Day was renamed Veterans Day in 1954.

Source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Day

DCP
11-10-2018, 05:27 PM
Well, maybe ya want to read the Original Post again. I brought it here for you so you don't have to go up to the top. Take a look at the BOLD.

I am well away of the difference between the 2 days. Since he was talking about tomorrow, VETERANS day( which used to be "Armistice day") & NOT Memorial day. My post stays the same since it correct.

Have a nice Veterans day!
;)

Source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Day

Not sure what your problem is but your post was correct and is correct. I realize my 1st post was confusing and I corrected it

JBinMN
11-10-2018, 05:39 PM
Not sure what your problem is but your post was correct and is correct. I realize my 1st post was confusing and I corrected it

Haha, I don't have any problem, but you quote my post in your second post and it appeared to me you were trying to correct me as if I was wrong about why I fly the national colors at full mast on Vets day by reposting your 2nd post in RED for emphasis before you edited & adding the part about Vets day into that second post .
Here is your second post before your edit after quoting me:

So I clarified my stance on both days in my 2nd post & reply to yours.

Memorial day had nothing to do with the OP & I did not even mention your post ahead of mine to try to correct you when ya brought up Memorial day instead of Vets day.

Don't know why ya quoted me & replied in Red, but that is why I replied back to you.

Anyway, Forget about it. I will.

Have a nice Vets day!
:)

DCP
11-10-2018, 06:00 PM
Haha, I don't have any problem, but you quote my post in your second post and it appeared to me you were trying to correct me as if I was wrong about why I fly the national colors at full mast on Vets day by reposting your 2nd post in RED for emphasis before you edited & adding the part about Vets day into that second post .
Here is your second post before your edit after quoting me:

So I clarified my stance on both days in my 2nd post & reply to yours.

Memorial day had nothing to do with the OP & I did not even mention your post ahead of mine to try to correct you when ya brought up Memorial day instead of Vets day.

Don't know why ya quoted me & replied in Red, but that is why I replied back to you.

Anyway, Forget about it. I will.

Have a nice Vets day!
:)

I said my post was confusing and I tried to fix it. I quoted your post because it was correct. The red was for the blood that was shed. Nothing more!

You have a fantastic Veterans day

JBinMN
11-10-2018, 06:12 PM
:drinks:

woodbutcher
11-10-2018, 06:56 PM
:D My Fathers birthday was 11-11-1896.I`ll give you all three guesses as to where he was on 11-11-1918,and the first two don`t count.God bless all of our veterans.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

redhawk0
11-10-2018, 07:41 PM
My thanx to your father, woodbutcher...and all our veterans past and current. I appreciate the freedom that I have left in this country.

Fly the flag full staff, xs11jack...they deserve to see it flying high and proud.

redhawk

xs11jack
11-10-2018, 08:06 PM
Thanks every one, I normally fly my flag 24hrs a day but dip it for a day of morning.
Ole Jack

varmintpopper
11-11-2018, 12:18 AM
Both of You,,, GO TO YOUR ROOMS !

DCP
11-11-2018, 10:05 AM
Both of You,,, GO TO YOUR ROOMS !

Wow, I made a confusing post I fix it. Then I end up still being sent to my room.

jonp
11-11-2018, 10:34 AM
CUSTOMARY DATES TO FLY HALF-STAFF
Peace Officers Memorial Day, May 15th, unless that day is also Armed Forces Day. (sunrise to sunset)
Memorial Day, last Monday in May (sunrise to noon)
Patriot Day, September 11th (sunrise to sunset)
National Firefighters Memorial Day, October (typically a Sunday during Fire Prevention Week and along with a memorial service held in Emmitsburg, MD)
Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, December 7th (sunrise to sunset)

Veteran's Day (formerly Armistice Day), November 11th: This is a day to honor our nation's veterans. It is not a day of mourning, but a day of celebration and honor. Therefore, it is not a day of half-staff. Citizens are encouraged to fly POW/MIA flags and flags of the military branches on this day to show support to our Veterans.

woodbutcher
11-11-2018, 11:41 AM
:D Hi Redhawk0.Thank you Sir.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo