PDA

View Full Version : I thought I'd had a few bad trips to the range....

reivertom
11-10-2018, 01:20 AM
...until me and a friend found the remains of an exploded Remington model 700 going to our targets at a local range. One piece was a sliver of the receiver with a serial number, and I found two pieces of a plastic stock, so it must have been a newer rifle. I didn't hear anything about an accident, but I don't see how the shooter got away uninjured.

Mike H
11-10-2018, 04:06 AM
...until me and a friend found the remains of an exploded Remington model 700 going to our targets at a local range. One piece was a sliver of the receiver with a serial number, and I found two pieces of a plastic stock, so it must have been a newer rifle. I didn't hear anything about an accident, but I don't see how the shooter got away uninjured.
I would think that the ovner of the rifle may still be in orbit.

Hickory
11-10-2018, 07:29 AM
I don't see how the shooter got away uninjured.

Did you look for any blood?
Maybe he crawled off into the weeds and died!

Hardcast416taylor
11-10-2018, 11:15 AM
Did you look for any blood?
Maybe he crawled off into the weeds and died!

Watch for buzzards and crows.Robert

Don Purcell
11-10-2018, 11:39 AM
Did you keep the piece with the serial number?

rockrat
11-10-2018, 12:04 PM
You could contact BATFE and have them trace the S/N to where it was sold. Maybe have the place contact the police about the persons welfare, but they might not want others to know about a possible reloading mistake they did. Hopefully they had the gun tied down and fired it remotely with a string!!!

Down South
11-10-2018, 08:58 PM
would love to know the caliber.

Before or after the last time it was fired?