PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations For AR15 lower parts kit

DCP
11-09-2018, 10:33 PM
I need an Ar15 lower parts kit recommendations?

I would like a good trigger also.

Thanks

Reddirt62
11-09-2018, 10:39 PM
I use both cmc and rise drop in triggers in 3.5lbs and love them. Smooth and sweet. I grabbed a batch of Anderson lower part kits several years ago and they do fine....minus the trigger of course. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

osteodoc08
11-09-2018, 10:51 PM
Trigger? I’m partial to the Giessle triggers in my AR’s but there are plenty of good ones out there.

LPK? If on a budget, the PSA kits have been GTG for me.

lefty o
11-09-2018, 10:53 PM
anderson lower parts kit minus the trigger group. i myself prefer the jard adjustable, but there are so many decent choices out there hard to narrow it down for someone else.

dragon813gt
11-09-2018, 11:06 PM
All of mine have either PSA or CMC LPKs. I don’t notice any difference between them. Triggers are personal choice. I use ALG ACT triggers. They aren’t target rifles and I didn’t want to spend a lot of money. The ACT is pretty much the best military trigger you can buy.

dk17hmr
11-09-2018, 11:06 PM
Aim surplus recently had LPK with their modular triggers for a fairly reasonable price.

I have never used their triggers so I can't recommend them but they have to be better than milspec.

What do you want to do with said AR?

I have a Hiperfire hipertouch 3 gun something I can really make it sing when shooting fast but it's a nice Accuracy trigger also.

white eagle
11-09-2018, 11:19 PM
I have Giessle triggers in my ar 10 and a timney in my ar 15
both are very nice the rest of the parts are milspec nothing fancy

rancher1913
11-09-2018, 11:37 PM
have a bfs3 in some of mine, not real practical but it sure is fun to shoot

lefty o
11-09-2018, 11:53 PM
have a bfs3 in some of mine, not real practical but it sure is fun to shoot

have 1 of them too, they are fun.

Texas by God
11-09-2018, 11:56 PM
Rock River NM or Varmint give a good pull without being too touchy for rough use.

ThomR
11-10-2018, 12:21 AM
I bought a trigger group for a pistol build I was putting together. It was longitudinal ground. For being as cheap as it was it sure was smooth.

flyingmonkey35
11-10-2018, 12:33 AM
Just out together a complete AR 15 from Davidson defense. For under 400 for a friend.

Fortunately they are local to me so it was just drop by and pick up the stuff.

https://davidsondefense.com

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

silverjay
11-10-2018, 02:04 AM
For the price, it is hard to beat the Larue MBT trigger.

Lance Boyle
11-10-2018, 06:57 AM
Geissele is what I have. A Rock river nm in the other. The older RRA NM were famous for springs losing weight as mine did. If you have to make minimum weight in a match keep an eye on it. Nothing worse than to “win” a match only to get weighed and disqualified on account of a worn spring.

Supposedly they are sourcing a better grade spring.

It’s been a nice trigger otherwise.

Combat Diver
11-10-2018, 07:28 AM
For parts kits, I've used DPMS and PSA. Besides standard triggers I have one ea LaRue Trigger and about 4 or 5 Geissele SSA triggers. I install Geissele SSF triggers in SOCOMs M4A1 down range.

CD

Lloyd Smale
11-10-2018, 07:41 AM
the rock river and stag parts kits will give you a better trigger pull if you don't want to fool with your trigger or by an expensive replacement.

WheelgunConvert
11-11-2018, 07:39 PM
I didn’t see what you were planning to use it for? Plinking and General camp/ truck use, PSA polished trigger group is decent for $30ish and it’s frequently on sale. A little time with some flitz on a low speed polishing wheel and it is even better. Add a setscrew or adjustment pin into the grip threads and the creep is tuneable for 0.50 to 15$.

Planning on more precision target or varmit work, lots of nice choices under $200. My first choice is ELK, then Wisconsin trigger.

There is a lot of hands on information that is real world approach on thenewrifleman.com

My word of caution is to avoid the Swiss Army knife approach as you can add so much weight that you’ll have to get your wife to carry it to the car.

Bevan

Kevinakaq
11-11-2018, 07:49 PM
For the price, it is hard to beat the Larue MBT trigger.

This. On sale till xmas for 87.00 each. Bought two! Prefer them over the Riser RA-140 which I was very satisfied with. Nice double stage trigger that breaks like glass. As for lower kits a PSA is darn hard to beat for the price. Have a couple Colt rifles and can’t tell much difference. I would pick up the PSA as readily as the Colt to defend hearth and home. Have four PSA’s and zero complaints.

And the PSA trigger ain’t half bad either if you don’t wish to upgrade...

LUCKYDAWG13
11-11-2018, 08:02 PM
this is a vary good trigger for the price https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

DCP
11-11-2018, 08:33 PM
Thanks to all.

Still trying to sort this all out.

In the meantime, Midway sends me an email for bday pricing.

AR-STONER AR-15 Complete Lower Receiver Parts Kit for 29.54 and it saves over $30.00 and has the trigger.
The reviews say it a good kit and trigger.

or
I can add
AR-STONER Enhanced Trigger Group AR-15, LR-308 Small Pin .154" Single Stage for 26.80 saving over 33.00

Or I can just keep looking

Again thanks, guys.

WheelgunConvert
11-11-2018, 08:35 PM
That Larue is a great deal. They were $200 not too long ago.

Not a good trigger for a plinking arm without the heavy spring. At least in my use. YMMV

Lloyd Smale
11-12-2018, 08:05 AM
one of the lower parts kits I bought from them had the enhanced trigger group. Was actually pretty impressive for what it cost. Trigger was as good or better then many of the newer bolt guns ive bought.
I didn’t see what you were planning to use it for? Plinking and General camp/ truck use, PSA polished trigger group is decent for $30ish and it’s frequently on sale. A little time with some flitz on a low speed polishing wheel and it is even better. Add a setscrew or adjustment pin into the grip threads and the creep is tuneable for 0.50 to 15$.

Planning on more precision target or varmit work, lots of nice choices under $200. My first choice is ELK, then Wisconsin trigger.

There is a lot of hands on information that is real world approach on thenewrifleman.com

My word of caution is to avoid the Swiss Army knife approach as you can add so much weight that you’ll have to get your wife to carry it to the car.

Bevan

Tackleberry41
11-12-2018, 09:12 AM
If you shop around, you can find just the small parts for pretty cheap. Some get all hung up on brands, when I really doubt it matters who made the take down detents or springs. All I wanted were the springs, detents. Have several mil spec triggers, no use for more. Or pistol grips I will not use, or another mil spec trigger guard, or add to my collection of mil spec selectors. Think I have 5 of the standard selectors now. Im a lefty so always get ambi, no point in paying for parts you wont use. I think it was $8 for the pins, springs, detents, mag release. Then get the trigger you want, grip, trigger guard.

I got a flash sale from Primary arms not long ago, $200 drop in trigger for $90. Will wait for a sale to buy another and still need a 3rd. After a drop in, screw mil spec or even enhanced.

DougGuy
11-12-2018, 09:29 AM
PSA'a EPT trigger and hammer suits me just fine. It is not a target trigger and neither did I want a target trigger. It breaks clean and crisp, not too light.

Lloyd Smale
11-13-2018, 07:35 AM
Yup to me a good ar trigger is about a 5lb trigger that breaks clean. If you have a dedicated long range gun or varmint gun a bit less is better but for a self defense gun or one that does double duty I don't want much less then 5lbs. Bottom line is I shoot a 5lb crisp trigger better then I do a vague 3lb trigger.
PSA'a EPT trigger and hammer suits me just fine. It is not a target trigger and neither did I want a target trigger. It breaks clean and crisp, not too light.

jonp
11-13-2018, 09:49 AM
I've bought lower kits from several including Anderson, PSA, S&W etc. Last 2 were from Black Rifle Depot. All worked fine.

Geissele is the drop in i see most often mentioned on forums but i have no experience with them

jimlj
11-13-2018, 09:34 PM
I used a PSA lower kit and have been happy with it. My son and a son in law both have AR's that they spent several hundred more on, and both have said they like my trigger as good as theirs.