PDA

View Full Version : Time to stock up

beagle
11-09-2018, 03:19 PM
Now that the election is over, it's time to clean the roadsides of campaign signs. They make darn fine quickly installed target holders. In our country, the losers remove the signs but there are always plenty missed. Enough to last until the next election./beagle

Pipefitter
11-09-2018, 06:28 PM
They make even better target holders when your bosses name is on them,,,, just sayin.

jonp
11-09-2018, 06:37 PM
Beat my post. I was going to post a couple of days ago on this. They all have to be picked up and if you get the corrigated plastic ones, you can staple target right to them or clip them on and they last quite awhile. Well, until you shoot through the wire support. I always snag 20 or 30, they make excellent mobile target holders and the thin wire will stick in most anything pretty easily.

WheelgunConvert
11-09-2018, 08:13 PM
While you’re passing through a cemetery picking up some flowers for the wife (sarcasm) there are usually lots of the wreath stands that are also good target stands. Just bend the 3rd leg to the side.

shaper
11-10-2018, 10:54 PM
they make a decent tomato stake also.

mold maker
11-11-2018, 10:47 PM
I'm still using the ones I picked up with BO on them. Got most of a truck bed full. I consider it rather appropriate in a private way..

jsizemore
11-12-2018, 05:36 PM
In NC they are private property and you can be taken to court and fined for larceny. It's up to the sign owner to pick them up......

The Dems stuff is fair game though.

Lloyd Smale
11-13-2018, 07:48 AM
yup its illegal to take them even after an election in most states if you don't have permission. I don't know if they would actually prosecute you for doing it but it is the law.
In NC they are private property and you can be taken to court and fined for larceny. It's up to the sign owner to pick them up......

The Dems stuff is fair game though.

beagle
11-13-2018, 08:01 PM
Well, they're hanging on the back of my range shed now./beagle

rockshooter
11-13-2018, 08:06 PM
I decided that it was only polite to use them as targets after the election, not before.

Loren

Tom W.
11-13-2018, 08:08 PM
My son picked up some with a picture of BO some years ago and never bothered to put a paper target on them.......

WheelgunConvert
11-13-2018, 08:50 PM
My son picked up some with a picture of BO some years ago and never bothered to put a paper target on them.......
The zombie pic?

JBinMN
11-13-2018, 11:29 PM

I wish I had some of those...

WarEagleEd
11-14-2018, 12:56 AM
In my state (as I'm sure it is in every other state) it is illegal to place campaign signs on the right-of-way along the Interstate, but candidates still do it. What about reappropriating these signs, do two wrongs make a right? :D

mold maker
11-15-2018, 03:54 AM
I consider it a civic duty to clean trash from the streets. The fact that I recycle them is irrelevant, especially the opposing party's rubbish.
At least I wait till after the elections unlike the rowdies that kick over or take what I display..