PDA

View Full Version : members profile

Oily
11-05-2018, 03:30 AM
Members should at least list the state they are in with there profile so other members can have a chance to help hands on or without shipping. There are so many new members that are lacking in there profiles that they are missing out on the help that we can provide. Mods move this to the area that will get the most exposure as I am willing to help anyone in my area as are others.

Bazoo
11-05-2018, 12:20 PM
I'd be glad to help others in my area, although Im still learning myself. Not many folks round my parts have an interest in casting I think. At least by judging what I hear from the folks in the gun store.

MaLar
11-05-2018, 09:14 PM
I'd like to meet some of the people here maybe have a cast shoot some time.

JBinMN
11-06-2018, 12:41 AM
I agree. It would be very helpful at times.

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-06-2018, 08:30 PM
Members should at least list the state they are in with there profile so other members can have a chance to help hands on or without shipping. There are so many new members that are lacking in there profiles that they are missing out on the help that we can provide. Mods move this to the area that will get the most exposure as I am willing to help anyone in my area as are others.

Castboolits doesn't require members list their location on their profile, but I do agree with you.

I moved this to 'Our Town', as it is a better fit.

dragon813gt
11-06-2018, 08:38 PM
It would be nice but you can’t force people to enter the information. You will find it’s this way on every forum.

Bazoo
11-06-2018, 08:40 PM
I know it'd help me whenever I run into a snag. However, when I finally get whatever it is, makes me proud.

HATCH
11-06-2018, 09:27 PM
Some people prefer to have as little of a internet footprint as possible and to have as much anonymity as possible.

I do think in S&S posts it should be required they list their location

Mr_Sheesh
11-06-2018, 11:05 PM
I put mine the way I do as it'll tell any human, but Bots will just be confused :)

Oily
11-07-2018, 12:25 AM
Thanks JonB! I never know where to post these things.But I would like to help anyone in my area if I can.Your friend Oily

robg
11-07-2018, 08:01 AM
im in a state of confusion

LUBEDUDE
11-07-2018, 08:48 AM
I agree with OP, I find it frustrating on some posts on all Internet forums that could be more easily resolved if the location was posted. Come on, it’s not like a stalker/burglar can track you down with just your town or state mentioned- as long as your screen name is not your actual name.

Down South
11-07-2018, 07:45 PM
I list my state and I had Houston as a location when I lived there for 8 yrs. But Houston is about as big as a small state anyway.
To me, it's the dealers choice. Personally, I don't see any problem in listing my state, others might. It doesn't bother me one way or the other.

If I'm dealing with someone in the S&S section, they always let me know their physical address through PM's.

gwpercle
11-08-2018, 08:28 PM
I'm not smart enough to be paranoid about internet predators or whatever goes on these days....

So I list my city and state . I'm in the phone book so I'm easy to find .
As far as I know I've got no one looking for me. If so , too darn old to run .
Gary

Shepherd2
11-09-2018, 08:01 AM
I get irritated when the OP posts about something that occurred in their area. Then you look at their profile to see where their area is and it's not listed.

jonp
11-09-2018, 06:38 PM
No thanks