PDA

View Full Version : Wounded Warriors and Wayne woods...

Markopolo
11-04-2018, 11:18 AM
This is a shout out to one of my friends, Wayne Woods.

Wayne is just the pinnacle of what I hope to be when I grow up. He is a Brown Bear Guide in the famous Copper River Delta229829

He is and has been an avid Alaskan sportsman and guide for about forever. I met this quiet man about about 10 years ago in Cordova, Alaska. He kept his hunting gear staged in a locker in Our net loft. He is quiet of spirit, eager and willing to lend a hand, and despite being a well renowned Bear Guide (they seem to walk on water), remains humble and mild mannered. He walked right up to me, was interested in what I was doing, and in his eyes, I truly felt the spirit of God living inside. We have had many times to just sit and chit chat over the years, and he is willing to share, and an awesome listener. Although I haven’t seen him in a couple years, I think of him often as an inspiration. During the gulf war, he gave his only son when his son was killed in battle. He is soft spoken, a devout brother in Christ, and husband. He has given many many hunts to wounded warriors, and is just filled with a grace that is rarely seen.

He gets these warriors into places that that are out of reach in the Alaska Bush for folks with disabilities. He delivers them to game based on dreams, not abilities.

John Wayne Walding, Special Forces
Lost leg during the battle of Shok Valley, and returned fire for 4 hours with his lost leg tied to his thigh. Silver Star Recipient.... now founder of 5 Toes Custom Guns.

Wayne’s tireless work with our wounded vets is a inspiration to me. Here are some more pics of our warriors achieving their dreams.

This is a pic of Wayne, and his son Shane Woods...

Way to go Wayne. You surely inspire. Your humble quiet nature, can do attitude, and grace are an inspiration.

Marko

sparky45
11-04-2018, 11:27 AM
Wonderful story and truly an inspiration to all. PLEASE don't forget our Vets EVER, but especially on 11-11. I served as a USN Corpsman (1965~1969) and often thank God for sheltering me from harm but even more often think of my buds that weren't as lucky. Again, thanks for the story and PLEASE all others that read these posts; DON'T FORGET OUR WOUNDED WARRIORS on 11-11.

popper
11-04-2018, 03:13 PM
Wounded Warrior's Foundation, Nope!!!. Others, yes for sure.

Markopolo
11-05-2018, 12:28 AM
When I say wounded warriors, I mean that literally as in Soldiers wounded, not an organized group. Wayne calls the hunts he gives to wounded soldiers “Purple Heart Hunts”...

popper
11-06-2018, 12:58 PM
I understand, just noting some groups use the name to get into your purse. I did find an org. where I will donate my fly stuff. They take donated stuff and take the boys fishing etc. Completely volunteer staff.

smoked turkey
11-06-2018, 10:03 PM
Thank you for such an inspirational post. My heart felt thanks to your friend Wayne Woods. I agree that he must be very inspiring to be around. No wonder you think of him the way you do. I am deeply grateful to him for doing what he is doing for our wounded soldiers.

jonp
11-09-2018, 06:41 PM
God's work. He is to be commended for this. There are many out there doing things like this in the shadows that we never hear of. They are not in it for the publicity or to get on Youtube. They do it for the warriors who gave so much for us.

Markopolo
11-10-2018, 01:19 AM
And Wayne is highly motivated by duty to his son who was killed in the gulf war I am sure. It is his way of honoring his son in rememberence

Three44s
11-10-2018, 01:40 AM
Mario polo,

Thank you for sharing this, particularily as Vetrans day nears!

Three44s