PDA

View Full Version : cva mountain stalker/bobcat

Taylor
10-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Is there such a thing as a wooden stock for these rifles? The trigger pull is very hard, I bought a pair for my son's when they were about 10 years old(17 now).I have tinkered with the trigger some but with no luck,which does not make them a pleasure to shoot. Thanks.

10-01-2008, 11:37 AM
I use four of those rifles for a kids camp I teach in over the summer. Two youth model mountain stalkers and two adult bobcats. The youth models have a wooden stock and the adult models have plastic stocks. All four triggers are pretty good. Very minor creep and clean release. I never messed with them. You may want to put a small amount of "Flitz" or some such on the wear points within and just work it some night while in front fo the TV. Might work itself in. Seems like the youth model stock is about 1 inch shorter than the adult. If you might like a shorter length of pull, you might want to put a youth stock on it. I'm 5'10" and prefer the youth stock to shoot. FYI.

frontier gander
10-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Just couple the Adjustable tumbler, shouldnt cost more than $10 each. They have a little screw that allows you to adjust the pressure. I dont know the number but i am sure Deer Creek would have some wood stocks for these.

jjamna
10-02-2008, 12:47 AM
The two bobcat stocks i have were wood stocks painted black. I just sanded them down and stained them

Odinbreaker
10-02-2008, 12:28 PM
I My bobcat came with stained wood stock it is in 36 cal

Taylor
10-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks guys,but mine are plastic,wish they were wood painted black.They were cheap though.

mooman76
10-27-2008, 08:06 PM
I saw a bobcat stock at Auctionarms. I thought it was a little pricey at $100 but it looked like it came with the lock too.