PDA

View Full Version : Easy Corn and Crab Bisque

gwpercle
11-02-2018, 09:36 PM
Cool weather brings on the need for a simple good tasting soup , this one's a favorite because it's so quick and easy to put together ....and it taste great.
Serves 4 Cajuns or 8 normal people.

1 stick butter
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup chopped white onion
1 qt. whipping cream (or half and half )
1 - 15 oz. can cream style corn (white or golden)
1 - 15 oz. can white corn (or shoepeg corn)
1 - 10 1/2 oz. can cream of potato soup
1/2 tea. Accent
1/2 tea. Worcestershire
Crystal hot sauce to taste (optional)
1 tea. Tony Chachere's Seasoning
Optional....1 cup finely chopped tomato
1 lb. lump crabmeat (shrimp or crawfish can be substituted )
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup chopped green onion (or chives)

Melt the butter, add flour , blend and cook 3 minutes (white roux) . Add onions and cook slowly 10 minutes until onions are soft.
Add everything , except the crab meat , green onion , parsley and cheese, simmer on low for for 15 to 20 minutes.
Add crabmeat and fold into soup base , simmer another 10 to 15 minutes.
Just before serving garnish each bowl with cheese , parsley and green onions.

A green salad and lots of toasty french bread will complete the meal !
I use the recipe with shrimp a lot of the times. You can add a little Creole flair by adding 1 cup of your home grown chopped tomato to the soup ( I prefer it with a little tomato).

Gary

eric123
11-02-2018, 09:45 PM
Saved...Thankyou...

Oily
11-03-2018, 12:12 AM
You guys are killing me with these recipes. 11 PM and I'm hungry again! I will use this recipe when it gets a little colder here in OK. Have a friend who brings me about 20 lbs of fresh crawfish from Louisiana every year. Just got half of them cleaned and frozen just for a recipe like this.The other half we just had a boil last weekend as soon as we received them. Fresh crawfish in a spicy boil are right up there with frog legs and calf fries.

Reverend Al
11-03-2018, 02:56 PM
Also saved and printed off a copy. I'll give this a try ... it sounds great.
Many thanks!

buckwheatpaul
11-03-2018, 03:11 PM
Saved...Thankyou...

+1.....THANKS! Paul

gwpercle
11-03-2018, 08:46 PM
You guys are killing me with these recipes. 11 PM and I'm hungry again! I will use this recipe when it gets a little colder here in OK. Have a friend who brings me about 20 lbs of fresh crawfish from Louisiana every year. Just got half of them cleaned and frozen just for a recipe like this.The other half we just had a boil last weekend as soon as we received them. Fresh crawfish in a spicy boil are right up there with frog legs and calf fries.
Awesome !
Crawfish are my personal favorite in this dish....You have a good friend !
Gary