PDA

View Full Version : M95 extractor issues

Remiel
11-02-2018, 05:01 PM
I have a couple of mauser extractors that don't fit right. One won't alle the bolt to lock up on any action and the other 2 stick or won't go into battery with a dummy round on them, the hit the edge of the receiver. Has anybody tried fitting these to the rifle or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wayne Smith
11-02-2018, 07:34 PM
M95 Mauser? M98 extractors may not fit. M95 Steyr no Mauser extractor will fit.

LAGS
11-02-2018, 07:39 PM
Unless they came off the exact model rifle, there may be fitting issues.
Some hooks are longer than others, but not to the naked Eye.
I did a post a while back about how to check to see where the problem was.
I evolved just using a dial caliper to measure the bolt with out a casing in it, and then how far the extractor moved out when you put a case in the end of the bolt.
Then the hook can be polished to make it so the extractor doesn't bind on the inside of the receiver.

Remiel
11-02-2018, 07:46 PM
M95 Mauser? M98 extractors may not fit. M95 Steyr no Mauser extractor will fit.M95 mauser parts kits with used m95 mauser extractors on good condition.

Remiel
11-02-2018, 07:48 PM
Unless they came off the exact model rifle, there may be fitting issues.
Some hooks are longer than others, but not to the naked Eye.
I did a post a while back about how to check to see where the problem was.
I evolved just using a dial caliper to measure the bolt with out a casing in it, and then how far the extractor moved out when you put a case in the end of the bolt.
Then the hook can be polished to make it so the extractor doesn't bind on the inside of the receiver.2 bind with a case and one won't even go into battery without one, it goes about halfway and binds up, where is your post and what part did you polish?

flounderman
11-02-2018, 09:10 PM
unless they have been altered, they won't close over a case. 98 don't fit the small ring.

Remiel
11-04-2018, 03:28 PM
unless they have been altered, they won't close over a case. 98 don't fit the small ring.Nope unaltered m95 extractors, however I have noticed that the Spanish don't have the same attention to detail as the Germans did when making components.

Remiel
11-05-2018, 01:08 AM
Has anyone used the ruger m77 extractor as a replacement? Rhineland arms mentioned those in some of their builds, and since I may be buying one of their barrels for one of my 2 actions. Any info is appreciated.