PDA

View Full Version : Shipping MZLDER out of NJ

Harleysboss
11-01-2018, 08:20 PM
Do any forum members live in NJ? If so, Do you know the laws on shipping an in line muzzleloader out of NJ? My state does not restrict muzzleloaders. Any guidance? Thanks.

Edward
11-01-2018, 08:50 PM
No restrictions that I know of , Search on internet for actual law (easy)

bob208
11-01-2018, 09:16 PM
yep type in n.j. muzzleloading laws. your answer will be in there.

Cleatus
11-01-2018, 09:19 PM
NJ considers a muzzleloader a firearm...just like it does a BB gun. If you ship one into the state you need to ship it to an FFL, so I'm going to assume the same applies to ship it out of NJ, since they consider it a firearm. Always assume the worst when NJ is considered...and you won't be disappointed.

Harleysboss
11-01-2018, 09:35 PM
Thanks Cleatus. That's what I was afraid of. Probably more trouble than it's worth, once a guy figures in FFl transfer fees shipping Etc.

sghart3578
11-01-2018, 10:29 PM
I can't answer for certain but a few months ago I wanted to buy a muzzleloader on Gunbroker. The owner lived in New Jersey. He told me that it would have to ship from an FFL to an FFL on the receiving end.

Too much hassle and expense for a $200 gun.

MrWolf
11-02-2018, 10:18 AM
NJ considers a muzzleloader a firearm...just like it does a BB gun. If you ship one into the state you need to ship it to an FFL, so I'm going to assume the same applies to ship it out of NJ, since they consider it a firearm. Always assume the worst when NJ is considered...and you won't be disappointed.

This. Even sling shots are considered weapons of mass destruction. One of the reasons I moved from Jersey after almost 57 years.

waksupi
11-02-2018, 10:19 AM
Do you need the BATF Form 6 to ship a gun to the US from NJ?

bedbugbilly
11-02-2018, 10:57 AM
Abother "Reublik" . . . . VOTE!!!

EMC45
11-02-2018, 11:04 AM

No truer words have ever been spoken! I left NJ 2 weeks after I graduated High School never to return! One of the BEST decisions I ever made in my life!

Texas by God
11-02-2018, 12:44 PM
It's sad that a place that resembles East Texas (really) is so opressive. My niece married a Jersey boy, I've enjoyed visiting there. But like upstate NY and California, I wouln't give up one of my Southern freedoms to live there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

MrWolf
11-02-2018, 01:02 PM
See that Texas by God, got you speaking Jersey. We never say we are from New Jersey, just Jersey. Like going down the shore no matter what direction the beach is. My son still lives in Jersey. Luckily he can keep whatever with me.

arcticap
11-02-2018, 02:17 PM
This. Even sling shots are considered weapons of mass destruction. One of the reasons I moved from Jersey after almost 57 years.

Even Navy Arms left New Jersey and moved to West Virginia.

I once visited Navy Arms years ago to buy a muzzle loader.
They told me that they would need to ship it to my house.
I told them that I didn't want it shipped, and that I didn't want to risk it getting damaged in the mail.
They had me drive my car around to the back of the building and ended up giving it to me out their back door, and then told me that if I got stopped,
to say that I was just passing through and to not tell anyone where I got it.
I think that they really hated doing business in New Jersey.

bob208
11-02-2018, 02:26 PM
maybe you can attack it from a different angle. try the ebay way take it apart and ship it as parts. mite have to ship it in three packages.

marek313
11-02-2018, 02:41 PM
maybe you can attack it from a different angle. try the ebay way take it apart and ship it as parts. mite have to ship it in three packages.

That loop hole only works for shipping magazines but not guns. There are places that will ship large capacity magazines to 10 round states as long as they are in packages in pieces and sold as "parts". Since your receiver has serial number that box alone even if its without anything else could get you in trouble.

Speaking of NJ I hate the **** handgun pistol permits. You have to apply before any handgun purchase and sometimes they take forever and then its only valid for 6 months even with the extension. I have 4 days left on my last one and I really hope my LGS has the CZ97BD in stock that i decided to get.

Cant wait to get the hell out. My brother just bought a house in PA and I'm ready to do the same. I'm pretty fed up with Jersey and its taxes and costs of living. I see many people move out and everyone that did so would never come back when asked if they would.

bob208
11-02-2018, 04:49 PM
go with your brother when he buys a pistol and you will never go back to nj.

Geezer in NH
11-07-2018, 06:38 PM
Just cause it is an inline don't make it an antique by the way. Many are considered firearms by the BATF and are the same as a modern firearm.

rfd
11-07-2018, 07:08 PM
the jersey firearms laws are the pits and getting worse now that murphy is the governor and the mid-term elections voted in a bevvy of libtards. if there's an anti-gun state worse than jersey it wouldn't be that much worse. but to answer the op's question, muzzleloaders require FFL intervention for shipping out of state, or for shipping into jersey. i doubt there's a person who can fully and completely understand the jersey gun laws ... i can't and my cop buds can't either. lotta gray areas and that will always mean trouble for a jersey citizen as the laws always seem to be interpreted against common sense - and against the citizen.

evan nappen from 2016, absolutely worth watching - what jersey insanity ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kO6IIMQbv4&t=1109s

Harleysboss
11-09-2018, 08:36 PM
I gave up on it. Way easier places to buy out of state from.

Tackleberry41
11-10-2018, 09:56 AM
Seems like it would have been pretty easy to drive to a post office across the state line and mail it.

EMC45
11-10-2018, 04:36 PM
Great video by Evan. I swore I would never set foot in that rotten state ever again. I have kept my word for 18 years now.

rfd
11-10-2018, 05:34 PM
i can't wait to get outta this hell hole ...

bob208
11-13-2018, 10:37 AM
I just wish we could give Philadelphia to nj. that would improve pa 100%

rfd
11-13-2018, 10:49 AM
ironic that the 18th century hotbed of colonial freedom has sunk to the depths of stupidity it's enshrined in today.

the declaration of independence signers are rolling in their graves for sure.