PDA

View Full Version : Happy Halloween!

Idaho45guy
10-31-2018, 09:08 PM
I bought my house in a quaint little town in a nice neighborhood four years ago. Due to work or vacation, I have never been here for Halloween to hand out candy.

Finally, I am here tonight, with a bowl full of "the good stuff" (Reeses, Twix, etc.) and tumbling some brass and surfing the internet. Only one customer so far.

Jake McCracken
10-31-2018, 09:15 PM
Maybe it's a quality issue? I can PM you an address to send the leftovers to and I'll personally check them for you. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Idaho45guy
10-31-2018, 09:25 PM
I spoke too soon, got about ten so far in the past 15 minutes and I'm worried that I didn't get enough candy.

Shopdog
10-31-2018, 09:43 PM
My Gbabies are checking in with text/pics( we're all in a group text)of their getups.... along with their mom's N dad's. My sons then text me with their loot the the kids don't want....

Told them all how we used to give our dad the same stuff 50+ years ago.... and how it all seems to never change,in the best of ways.Wife and I couldn't make it this year,really wanted to spend tonight with the youngest in downtown Fredericksburg Va. One of the most haunted cities in America... they had a slew of kids.Went through a small galvanized washtub of candy.

lightman
10-31-2018, 11:01 PM
We had state wide thunderstorms forecast for tonight so almost every small town around us elected to do Halloween last night. We probably had a couple of hundred trick or treaters. My Wife buys a couple of large bags of mixed candy to pass out. Several of the small surrounding towns and even many of the local churches bring the kids out to our neighborhood. The Wife and I sit on the porch to greet them, saving wear and tear on the doorbell.

Reverend Al
11-01-2018, 04:43 AM
In past years it's been pretty slow in our neighbourhood at Halloween, but there seem to be more young families moving into the area. This year we had about 40 + kids at the door "Trick or Treating". We really enjoyed the fact that most of the parents who were out with their younger kids were also dressed up including one father in a full sized (7 or 8 foot tall?) Raptor (dinosaur) outfit!

Idaho45guy
11-01-2018, 05:43 PM
Got about twenty kids total. Completely done by 7:30pm. Have about ten pieces of candy left.

Was completely shocked by how every kid just grabbed a handful greedily. When I was a kid, you grabbed one piece and were thankful. Only one little girl just took one piece; I told her she could have extra for being so polite.

Kids these days...

Down South
11-01-2018, 10:03 PM
Well, it was first time home for me too in many yrs. I had a big bowl full and some extra. Dang it, I forgot to leave the front light on and didn't get any kids. Next yr, I'll back my truck out to the end of my drive and sit on the tailgate with the candy.