PDA

View Full Version : Sprue plate handle

sukivel
10-31-2018, 03:25 PM
I thought sometime back I read that somebodies were adapting Lee 6 cavity sprue handles to other manufacturers molds?

Anybody tried putting any sort of a handle on say a 4-6 cavity MP or NOE mold?

Live to see pics cause i wanna do it, especially to my 4 cavity NOE mould that’s mounted backwards cause it won’t fit under my Lee 4-20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mal Paso
11-01-2018, 07:55 PM
I thought sometime back I read that somebodies were adapting Lee 6 cavity sprue handles to other manufacturers molds?

Anybody tried putting any sort of a handle on say a 4-6 cavity MP or NOE mold?

Live to see pics cause i wanna do it, especially to my 4 cavity NOE mould that’s mounted backwards cause it won’t fit under my Lee 4-20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've run 5 cavity NOE and 6 cavity MP under a Lee 4-20 at enough angle to miss the tower in back. From left in front to right in back, using the standard mold guide.

Leveraged sprue cutters can put more wear on the mold especially if the sprues get too cold. Just a thought.

MP 6 cavity has a leveraged cutter like the Lee.

Valley-Shooter
11-04-2018, 02:46 PM
My MP 6 cavity has a Lee style sprue cutter handle on it. MP builds them that way.
I'm pretty sure can add a Lee cam lever to Accurate moulds. He changed his sprue plate design a number of years ago to do this.
Red River Rick sells replacement sprue plates for Lyman 4 cavity moulds that have a sprue cutter cam handle on them. His cam handles are also direct replacement for when you break the weak Lee ones.