PDA

View Full Version : Kids belt and holster

Orchard6
10-28-2018, 12:02 PM
I’m looking for an ammo belt and holster set for my 7 year old daughter. She’s been working with my Heritage 22 over the summer and is getting pretty good with it and wants a belt and holster (and her own Heritage Rough Rider!) like I have. The holster is easy enough to find but I’m having difficulties finding a belt in her size. If anyone has any input on where to find a reasonable priced belt for her I’d be much obliged.

sureYnot
10-28-2018, 12:10 PM
Don't we have a leather guy in the VS section?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

rintinglen
10-28-2018, 12:34 PM
The problem with kids is they grow. I made belts and holsters for both of my kids, but as they matured (and it happens too fast) they out grow them, at least, the belts become too small. I'd suggest a trip to the Goodwill to find a nice, used belt buckle and then take a look on the internet for belt blanks. Then again, you might find a nice belt and buckle at a local swap meet or flea market for less than you can make one.

WebMonkey
10-28-2018, 02:30 PM
a cartridge slide that you can put on any belt might help you.
slip it on a nice western style kid's belt.
add the holster and you're off.
(if you have money, a fully tooled junior rig in natural w/oxblood dyed trim would be sweet)
;)
good luck!

Orchard6
10-28-2018, 08:02 PM
a cartridge slide that you can put on any belt might help you.
slip it on a nice western style kid's belt.
add the holster and you're off.
(if you have money, a fully tooled junior rig in natural w/oxblood dyed trim would be sweet)
;)
good luck!
I like the slide on ammo holder idea! That’s should be a cheap easy solution. Thanks!

Silver Jack Hammer
10-30-2018, 12:21 AM
When my son was that age I bought him a pair of Ruger Bearcats and a holster for a set of capguns. He shot in a State cowboy match with that rig. He used CB caps for ammo.