PDA

View Full Version : Stevens Arms tip up .22 followed me home

Pressman
10-24-2018, 07:44 PM
It's been a very long time since I have seen any reference to this pistol. It works better than it looks. So, another project gun, at least it keeps the initial purchase cost down.

Good or bad, what do I have here?
Ken

NoZombies
10-24-2018, 07:59 PM
Congrats, I don't see those very often. The one I had was a good shooter, I only used SV ammo in it, and I think I remember reading that it wasn't a good idea to shoot HV through it.

Drm50
10-24-2018, 10:43 PM
That's a nice old Stevens Straight Line target pistol. If it's in good condition should make you a good
plinker. Standard velocity is good advice for 22 of this era. I haven't seen any Stevens pistols sell
for a few years. The price on these has raised steadily and nice ones don't last long.

Pressman
10-25-2018, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the input. This looks like a great shooter, bore is clean, lock-up tight and the ergonomics are darn near perfect. It really fits my hand. The sights are a bit crude by current standards but they alighn well and the gun rests very steady in my hand. Trigger break is near perfect.

I need to find some public ranges in the areas of Texas where I'll be working this year.

Ken

pietro
10-25-2018, 07:50 PM
It's been a very long time since I have seen any reference to this pistol. It works better than it looks. So, another project gun, at least it keeps the initial purchase cost down.

Good or bad, what do I have here?
Ken

You have a No.10 Stevens Target Pistol, made in the early 1900's.

https://images.bidsquare.com/item/xl/6954/695472.jpeg

Pavogrande
11-02-2018, 04:54 PM
Ken there is a nice range in Midlothian if you are in the dallas area -