PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable .. we can't catch a break in the Southeast

Smoke4320
10-24-2018, 03:41 PM
Friday NC and SC will receive massive amounts of rain from a 3rd Hurricane in 6 weeks

we can't catch a break in the Southeast

ericandelaine1975
10-24-2018, 04:17 PM
No doubt. I can't wait. I live near Charlotte

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Grmps
10-24-2018, 04:18 PM
I feel for you, it's like being in SE Asia

GOPHER SLAYER
10-24-2018, 04:38 PM
I wish the govment would put in a two foot pipe line and squirt about a zillion acre feet of that water out to the southwest. We could sure use it. China did that over a thousand years ago. They used canals instead of pipe but it worked just as well.

JimB..
10-24-2018, 08:30 PM
I wish the govment would put in a two foot pipe line and squirt about a zillion acre feet of that water out to the southwest. We could sure use it. China did that over a thousand years ago. They used canals instead of pipe but it worked just as well.

Well, for the right price we’ll collect it and sell it to you.

GOPHER SLAYER
10-26-2018, 02:18 PM
Well, for the right price we’ll collect it and sell it to you.

It's would cheaper to buy it from northern California like we do now.

woodbutcher
10-26-2018, 09:08 PM
[smilie=b: HHi Smoke.Looks like you folks in that part of the country are going to have to grow some gills and/or webbed feet.Hope you and yours will be safe.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

Smoke4320
10-26-2018, 09:19 PM
With all this rain i can almost fish right off the front porch

mold maker
10-27-2018, 10:34 AM
Seems everything either floats away or sinks in the mud. I sure do miss the gravel on my driveway.

DougGuy
10-27-2018, 10:52 AM
I think this flooding the Piedmont and Coastal areas of NC is something that is going to happen more and more frequently. This planet changes around us constantly. We must adapt to it or drown from ignoring it. The US needs to think about a plan to let man co exist with nature by either building levees or raising buildings enough that floods will come and go without catastrophic damage to the economy. Farmlands have always been improved by flooding, livestock can be trucked to safety, they can start raising hen houses off the ground on stilts, there are things that can be done.

Anybody that says well, Matthew and then Florence were just an unfortunate coincidence to flood twice in two years may be correct in that assessment, but are at the same time ignoring what's coming.

Down South
10-27-2018, 10:26 PM
I feel for you guys. My grandson is stationed in NC.

Iowa Fox
10-30-2018, 04:21 PM
Feel for you Smoke, it's been a nutty year here also. It started raining here mid June and has not let up. Can't get the crops out nor get much of anything done outside.

ShooterAZ
10-30-2018, 04:39 PM
I'd gladly trade you some of our Arizona drought for some of your Carolina rain....just enough to even things out for both of us.