PDA

View Full Version : Portable Power Pack

DCP
10-24-2018, 10:03 AM
Recommendation on Portable Power Pack for a truck or SUV

Thanks so much

Nueces
10-24-2018, 10:11 AM
I've been carrying the Antigravity XP-10-HD HEAVY DUTY MICRO-START in Jeep and truck. It fits in a flap covered M14 ammo pouch.

I started out concerned about it losing it's charge over time, but that has not happened. Even after use to start the Jeep with a dead battery, it maintained near full charge, as indicated by the sequence of LEDs on the battery.

Now, I top off the charge twice a year, at the same time as I put in my new auto insurance ID cards. Darn nice unit.

Oh, it has charge points for phones and laptops, too. An accessory cable provides a 12V power outlet.

jonp
10-24-2018, 07:05 PM
Just bought an iclever IC-JB21R like this one on Amazon https://promopure.com/iClever-18000mAh-Portable-Starter-Battery/p/G0AJONGLRQ

Comes with both wall and 12v charger, ends to charge all electronics like laptop, phone, pad etc, jumper cables of course and has a built in flashlight. Little digital readout shows how much charge it has. Supposed to jump up to a 5.3L Diesel or 6.5L Gas engine. Nice little carrying case to fit under a seat.

beagle
10-25-2018, 03:48 PM
Here's a chance at a freebie. My internet provider is always replacing new modems, etc. About a year ago, he came and replaced something and was going to discard a power supply. I asked if they were good for anything and he said guys were using them for trolling motor power supplies so I scavenged it. Nice little 12 VDC power supply/battery that is 110 rechargeable. Been intending to rig it for a spotlight but its one of those "roundtoit" deals. Anyway, it was a backup power supply for the modem. You might contact a buddy and see if one is laying around. Not too portable as its heavy but for a power supply its nifty...and mine was free. A lot of the stores have them as a backup for cell card readers so they're around./beagle

DCP
10-29-2018, 11:56 AM
Thanks so much

Does anyone use any from Harbor Freight?

osteodoc08
10-29-2018, 12:36 PM
I’ve got a cheap Walmart everstart jump box. I’ve used it to charge electronics, jump start cars, fill low tires, etc. currently it’s sitting on the shelf over my LAM2 using the light offnit as extra light.

gpidaho
10-29-2018, 01:02 PM
I had one of the Harbor Freight units a few years ago. It's been long enough that I don't remember what model. Like everything H.F. sells it didn't last long until it quit working, if you go that route I'd suggest also buying the two year extended warrantee. Gp

DCP
10-29-2018, 01:10 PM
Just bought an iclever IC-JB21R like this one on Amazon https://promopure.com/iClever-18000mAh-Portable-Starter-Battery/p/G0AJONGLRQ

Comes with both wall and 12v charger, ends to charge all electronics like laptop, phone, pad etc, jumper cables of course and has a built in flashlight. Little digital readout shows how much charge it has. Supposed to jump up to a 5.3L Diesel or 6.5L Gas engine. Nice little carrying case to fit under a seat.

I followed the link. The link sent me to Amazon it was 47.99. I thought about it for a day and went back to order.Amazon raised the price to 59.99 One day a month its 47.99 I will pass at 59.99

RogerDat
10-29-2018, 01:25 PM
I followed the link. The link sent me to Amazon it was 47.99. I thought about it for a day and went back to order.Amazon raised the price to 59.99 One day a month its 47.99 I will pass at 59.99

There are two links in play. One from the promotional web site and one from Amazon. There are two 5% coupons available by a check box on Amazon when you come from Promo site but that doesn't bring it down to the $47.99 price what does accomplish that price drop is a promotion for becoming a member or making first purchase from the promo site. Which also goes by name of iclicker. So real price is the 59.99 the discount price is from coupons and first time buyer discount. Promo site just shows the discounted price, doesn't do an even 1/2 way decent job of explaining it. Might be a reason for that.

SNDBGGR1484
10-29-2018, 02:51 PM
I bought the iclever IC-JB21R following the link from above: Amazon https://promopure.com/iClever-18000m...y/p/G0AJONGLRQ
Right above Product Information it gives a code to buy for $48.99.They charged me sales tax so the total was $52.79

Get 1 of iclever 800a 18000mah jump starter for $48.99 offered by Thousandshores Inc. Enter code ICJUMP11 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)

The instructions are a poor translation so you need to read the Q&A and Reviews for better instructions from other buyers.

DCP
10-29-2018, 04:52 PM
I bought the iclever IC-JB21R following the link from above: Amazon https://promopure.com/iClever-18000m...y/p/G0AJONGLRQ
Right above Product Information it gives a code to buy for $48.99.They charged me sales tax so the total was $52.79

Get 1 of iclever 800a 18000mah jump starter for $48.99 offered by Thousandshores Inc. Enter code ICJUMP11 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)

The instructions are a poor translation so you need to read the Q&A and Reviews for better instructions from other buyers.

Thank you so much
I got one for 48.99 no tax ICJUMP11 code was near the bottom of page

country gent
10-29-2018, 05:03 PM
Some thing to keep in mind if your going to use this as a jump start device also is the vehicle. A diesel will take way more to start than a small 4 cylinder. One place these might shine is in cold weather to power a block heater to keep vehicle up to temp. While at work or shopping.

DCP
10-29-2018, 05:16 PM
Some thing to keep in mind if your going to use this as a jump start device also is the vehicle. A diesel will take way more to start than a small 4 cylinder. One place these might shine is in cold weather to power a block heater to keep vehicle up to temp. While at work or shopping.

I have a GMC Yukon XL Denali

GMC 6.2-liter that puts out 420 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque.
This engine comes with a 10-speed automatic transmission.

I already had a new truck that battery failed in 4 mo