PDA

View Full Version : 870 Broken ejector

Dutchninja
10-23-2018, 10:30 AM
Got an 870 with a broken ejector. I have used the Brownells tool to get the ejector spring rivit down to the shoulder, question is is there any way to do the same with the back rivit? Can that be potentially resused so i don’t have to replace both rivits? If not just
Drill them out??

Would appreciate any help.

jmort
10-23-2018, 12:03 PM
The 870 is rightly held in high regard. But the single etractor and riveted ejector are below average. This may help
https://youtu.be/resS020suPA

Dutchninja
10-23-2018, 12:17 PM
Yeah extractor is fine, it’s the ejector that broke at the finger that times the barrel.

abunaitoo
10-24-2018, 02:05 AM
I kind of remember that they had a problem with either the extractor or the ejector.
They would send the parts for free.
Try and give them a call.

Mk42gunner
10-26-2018, 12:15 AM
Its been a long time since I did any ejector replacement work on an 870, but as I remember if there is any way you can get the rear rivet loose with enough material to peen the new ejector in place, that is what you want to do. Its not that new rivets are expensive or even hard to get, the bad part is getting the new rivet flush with the receiver and matching the finish well enough to hide the repair.

If you ever see an 870 with domed extractor rivets, that was done to make it look semi acceptable without marring the original finish.

Robert