PDA

View Full Version : FS Franchi Centennial 22 rifle

roysha
10-22-2018, 12:09 PM
This little guy appears to have had the wood refinished since there are a couple of dark spot under the finish. Nevertheless, it is a rather decent job. The appearance of ripples in the receiver finish is just the way the light is reflecting. It is smooth and shiny, with a few nicks from being 50 years old.

As with many of the older 22 autoloaders, it really doesn't like anything but the standard round nose bullet configuration and HV. The best performing is W-W SX22. I can guarantee a failure to feed if you try to use a bullet that has a shoulder, such as the X-pert ammo. It is also VERY fussy about cleanliness. About 200 rounds is the best I have been able string together without flushing the receiver with solvent to remove powder residue. However, given the ease of takedown, that is not really an issue as far as I'm concerned.

The rifle is quite accurate. There is no provision for scope mounting so all my shooting has been with iron sights and that yields 1 1/2" or so for 10 shots at 25 yards.

I've had my fun with it and now it is time for it to help finance the next toy.

Would consider trading toward a WIN 77 TUBE fed rifle.

$135.00 plus shipping to your FFL. If your dealer will not accept from an individual, there will be an extra $20.00 for my dealers transfer fee.

Just so we're clear, you buy it, you own it.

bullet maker 57
10-23-2018, 03:52 PM
PM sent.

roysha
10-24-2018, 11:10 AM
SPFss