PDA

View Full Version : Rendezvous

beemer
10-22-2018, 12:56 AM
I went to the Southeastern Primitive Rendezvous in Yadkinville, NC today, was about 60 miles away. It was really a good day, I met some friendly and interesting people and saw some nice rifles. I have always liked the history and especially the long rifles.

I talked to the Booshway and he said attendance was down quite a bit this year. Some folks in eastern N.C. and the gulf coast were dealing with the aftermath of the storms and couldn't make it.

They allow us flatlanders in only on three days and the rest of the time it is closed to outsiders.

hylander
10-22-2018, 02:22 AM
I would love to attend Rendezvous, however I work every weekend.
Only off week days :(

sharps4590
10-22-2018, 07:37 AM
Locally Rondy's aren't as popular as they used to be. I sure attended my share of them back in the 70's, 80's and early 90's. Great fun, fellowship and often times food....shootin' was purty good also!!!!

waksupi
10-22-2018, 11:23 AM
We don't have enough young people getting involved, but there are still some starting. We are very active with Boy Scout, 4H training programs. Mostly greybeards now. However, here in NW Montana, we have some great rendezvous during the year, plus monthly shoots.

Eddie2002
10-22-2018, 01:21 PM
My big rendezvous is Alifia over by Homeland in Florida. Been going to it every year for about ten years now. Even have a wall tent that I break out for it. It's usually the last week of January and goes primitive for a full week then the flatlanders show up for the last three days. It's sponsored by the Florida Frontiersmen, a black powder shooting club and you can shoot almost every day if you want. They have a wood walk, paper targets, primitive targets, pistol shoots and just about anything else you can think of. The Rendezvous is really well done also with about 1,500 people showing up for the event.

MaLar
10-22-2018, 08:18 PM
We don't have enough young people getting involved, but there are still some starting. We are very active with Boy Scout, 4H training programs. Mostly greybeards now. However, here in NW Montana, we have some great rendezvous during the year, plus monthly shoots.

Here in SE Idaho our rendezvous is about dead we have gone from a rendezvous to a shoot.

hylander
10-23-2018, 10:59 PM
I try to get everyone I can interested in traditional muzzleloading.

sharps4590
06-08-2021, 06:59 AM
Guys, you have no idea how much I miss dating, networking, rendezvous! But, unfortunately, going through a pandemic, I have already forgotten how to flirt with a girl.

That isn't the kind of rendezvous we're talking about.

Sasquatch-1
06-08-2021, 07:52 AM
Not actually a Rendezvous, but in my area we have the Ft. Frederick 18th Century Market Fair, although it has been canceled for the past two years. I am hoping that it returns next April.

waksupi
06-08-2021, 11:45 AM
I was happy to see the Memorial Day rendezvous in this area was SWARMING with young people. There is hope!
I have found myself roped in to being involved in organizing the western nationals this year. One thing I am full of, is advise from long experience! We won't talk about the other things people say I am full of.

waksupi
06-08-2021, 11:47 AM
Guys, you have no idea how much I miss dating, networking, rendezvous! But, unfortunately, going through a pandemic, I have already forgotten how to flirt with a girl.

Well, that was a quick ban. Good example of an ass hat.

Theditchman
06-08-2021, 07:45 PM
Hello Waksupi....I am moving to Montana from Yuma in a cpl of months ...I will look for you on my travels to all the rondezvous

flyingmonkey35
06-09-2021, 02:13 AM
Here in Utah! We normaly have several over the summer to the fall. But covid has scared them all off.

I did speak with the Fort Bridger WY borad. And they tell me it is going to happen this year.

We shall see though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

waksupi
06-09-2021, 11:47 AM
Hello Waksupi....I am moving to Montana from Yuma in a cpl of months ...I will look for you on my travels to all the rondezvous

I'm in the Kalispell area, we have a very active club. Videos of local shoots. https://www.youtube.com/user/DennyDucet

Kylongrifle32
06-09-2021, 03:17 PM
Friendship in Indiana is scheduled from June 12th- 20th. I sure hope it's going to happen this year

slim1836
06-09-2021, 03:25 PM
This is a good site for rendezvous info:

http://talking-bear.com/

Slim