PDA

View Full Version : I could use a few Prayers....

castalott
10-21-2018, 04:15 PM
I just did something dumb with a hand winch on a trailer... The handle came around and really smacked both of my hands.... The fingers still work but really complain. I honestly thought they were broke because I wanted to throw up....

Thanks in advance....

Dale

Preacher Jim
10-21-2018, 04:33 PM
Lord help Dale with this injury keep his hands so he can care for his family's needs.
Amen

Hickok
10-21-2018, 04:49 PM
Lord help Dale with this injury keep his hands so he can care for his family's needs.
AmenAnd amen!

Boaz
10-21-2018, 05:05 PM
Help Dale with his hands Lord . Please speed the healing and give relief of the pain . Help him in all things as they get better . Thank you for everything you do for Dale . Amen

Boaz
10-21-2018, 05:07 PM
Been there and done that Dale and yea the handle will whack you dang good if you got a bind on it !

rancher1913
10-21-2018, 06:37 PM
prayers are great but if you have a remote suspicion that anything could be broke, please get an xray.

castalott
10-21-2018, 07:15 PM
Thanks for all the Prayers...They work! It's been 6 hours and I am much better. Outside of a blood blister and a black nail, everything works ok. An hours sleep and then I forced the body to go back to work... Hurt like the Dickens but got better..

Rancher 1913 Thank You for your good advice and concern. I think I will be ok but tomorrow will tell. I already had a Doctor appt. so I'll ask...

Thank You All!

Dale

castalott
10-21-2018, 08:03 PM
Been there and done that Dale and yea the handle will whack you dang good if you got a bind on it !

I just hate being dumb......:killingpc

Boaz
10-22-2018, 05:26 AM
Dale ..being stupid has been a lifestyle for me . Always in too big a hurry to get things done .

Wayne Smith
10-22-2018, 07:13 AM
Being 'dumb', being careless, and being ignorant are all different. I would call this an accident and you will have to look at potential prevent-ability. Being careless means I knew it would happen but ignored what I knew. Being dumb means I should have known and didn't. Being ignorant means I had never been taught to do it right.

You figure out which applies and I'll never call you 'dumb'!

USMC87
10-22-2018, 08:11 AM
We are praying for you Dale.

castalott
10-22-2018, 08:17 AM
Part of it is the body is older. I'm not strong as 2 normal men anymore. Maybe 1/2 or 1/3 as strong as most now... This takes some getting used to.....

I would like to tell you I am a lot smarter...but this last day kinda ruins that...:D

castalott
10-22-2018, 08:19 AM
Thank You all for your Prayers...I am much better today although the hands are stiff and sore.

Mercy and Peace to you all....

Dale

Pine Baron
10-22-2018, 09:20 AM
A little late to the rodeo brother. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Maybe time to spring for that electric winch. (we just got to accept our limitations). May God's Blessings be with you.

jcren
10-22-2018, 09:56 AM
prayers sent

jmort
10-22-2018, 11:09 AM
Just saw this. Praying for a full recovery. I have to take things slow as I am on the shorter side of my life-span.I never lift over 50 lbs unless I have no choice. I am half or less the man I used to be.
God Speed

Blackwater
10-22-2018, 05:01 PM
Dale, I'm sitting here smiling and wincing both at once. That's the kind of thing I've long been prone to do. When using tools or machinery, I'm normally pretty cautious and attentive. But there are a few situations where my usual focus seems to escape me. I've done that same type of thing many times, and don't seem to learn. And had the same type of result as well. That kind of "bone pain" sure earns a fella's attention! And when the pain gets bad, just remember that verse, "And this too shall pass." It usually calms me down some and steels me, and that tends to minimize the pain. Prayers up for you, my brother.

castalott
10-23-2018, 11:41 AM
Thanks to All..... I am better.....:-)

It is nice to see you all posting again..... warms my heart...:-)

Boaz
10-23-2018, 12:37 PM
Amen on people posting . This Chapel use to be a busy place not long ago .

Preacher Jim
10-28-2018, 10:53 AM
Dale hang in there, victory belongs to the Lord and He has never lost a battle.
HE has you in his hand. Relax in Him.