PDA

View Full Version : Prob at www.muzzleloadingforum.com

RugerFan
12-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Anybody here frequent www.muzzleloadingforum.com? I have tried to register and hit a brick wall. After submitting my user name and password, I get an e-mail with a link used to verify my e-mail address. After which my account will be active. The problem is that when I click on the link I get an error message. An e-mail sent to the "contact us" address comes back undeliverable. How do these people operate???

grumble
12-01-2005, 04:59 PM
RF, I dunno about that particular site, but here's a trick that's worked for me on other sites:

copy and paste the URL with several charactors before and after the URL address to either your mail compose page or, Write, or Notebook (any ASCII text editor). Delete out the charactors befor and after the URL. Then copy and past the "clean" URL to the address strip in your browser and hit enter. This won't work if the URL itself is screwed up, but it will if spurious charactors are included in the URL they provided.

RugerFan
12-01-2005, 05:50 PM
I got through to the webmaster and he's helping me now. Grumble, it does appear the URL is messed up.

DwarvenChef
12-02-2005, 12:32 AM
Fantastic site for ML's wow like traditional side of the art

drinks
12-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Do not go there unless you are P.C., they used to have a section for modern mls too, some a hole traditionalists kept coming over to modern and harrassing the modern posters, I told Claude, the owner, several times, he really should tell the primative types to mind their own business, but he would do nothing, so after a really obnoxious person made another of his forays to modern mls I told Claude to take it and shove it and quit, Claude then deleted all my posts and then dropped and deleted the modern section all together.
Now they just sit around and argue over spit or moose snot on linen patches.

RugerFan
12-11-2005, 03:00 PM
The fact that they don't allow inline talk is a bit disappointing. Also not being able to "lurk" until you register is kind of odd. I don't spend much time there. Was just interested in seeing what kind of info I could glean.

shooter575
12-13-2005, 10:37 PM
I hung out there for a while. I tried to help out some guys with C/W type weapons.I got jumped on by some self proclamed experts. I dont need that.There is a lot of good info there,BUT a lot of misinformation being passed off as gospel.
That was before the inline ban. I like it better here.

waksupi
12-13-2005, 11:07 PM
I don't care for that one either. Mostly elitist snobs, with thier heads up thier ass. They reaffirm the opinion I have had of the NMLRA for many years.

DwarvenChef
12-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Not that I exclude in-lines from my vocabulary, but I don't like them at all. I was sick of finding nothing new on ML's that I like. Only In-lines get the press and production these days. Finding this site was great for me.

You will find those types of arogent people on any site that has that large a people base. I read all the replies and take what info works for me.

I like it here cause I need casting info, and this is the place to be for it.

waksupi
12-15-2005, 12:30 AM
http://muzzleloadermag.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x

You might try this one out. Not a very busy site, but there are a few knowledable people there, that are good help. Bookie, in particular, is good on ML gunsmithing discussions. Mike Nesbitt hangs out there, since he writes for the magazine, and comes up with some good info.

RugerFan
12-15-2005, 12:42 AM
http://muzzleloadermag.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x

You might try this one out. Not a very busy site, but there are a few knowledable people there, that are good help. Bookie, in particular, is good on ML gunsmithing discussions. Mike Nesbitt hangs out there, since he writes for the magazine, and comes up with some good info.

Looked like a good forum, so I registered. Thanks!

DwarvenChef
12-15-2005, 12:45 AM
Just signed on, thanks for the link. Will go over it soon, wife kicking me off the 'puter for the night