PDA

View Full Version : Accurate 32 WS cast bullet load in a Ballard Marlin?

PBSmith
10-18-2018, 08:46 PM
I've got a few 170gr hard-cast, plain-base, flat-nose slugs that I'd like to load up for a Marlin 336, Ballard-rifled, caliber 32 Winchester Special.

For those of you who have shot this combo of caliber, rifle and bullet, what were your most accurate loads?

Thanks.

RU shooter
10-20-2018, 09:03 AM
I shoot mine in a old Winchester but with a similar plain base bullet .anyways for a purely fun load I use 6 grs of Bullseye or 7-8 gr of unique . I need to adjust my ladder sight to 300 to hit poa at 50 yds but they are not terribly loud and about zero recoil , like I stated just a fun load and would do well on small game if you know where it hits at different ranges

rintinglen
10-23-2018, 07:56 PM
8 grains of Unique or 8.5 grains of Herco with an old 319-247 made for a light recoiling fun afternoon. My example is a take down with a 26 inch barrel that was extensively bubba'd up (nice collection of screw holes drilled on the side of the receiver for some long forgotten side mount and a horrible polish and blue job) with a trigger pull like making diamonds out of coal but fun and as accurate as the trigger let's me be with the afore mentioned loads.