PDA

View Full Version : NEI NuJudge?

rvpilot76
09-29-2008, 11:48 PM
I've got this Enfield that slugs at .315", and I got in on the Fatter 30 group buy a long time ago, and I'm thinking about a different mold for my SMLE. I can't get the boolits to drop from the Lee, and they are about .004" out of round. I haven't tried lapping the cavities yet. I liked the looks of the NuJudge boolit for the oversized 30s, and this NEI looks very similar. I also wouldn't have to wait some 9 months to get it either. Is anyone here using this boolit? This will be a wheelweight alloy only mold, and I'm wondering how heavy and fat this mold might produce. I've emailed NEI, but I've not received a reply since I asked them about this mold last week.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/rvpilot76/316-200-gc.jpg

NuJudge
09-30-2008, 06:21 AM
That's a fine looking bullet, if I do say so myself.

CDD

Boz330
09-30-2008, 08:06 AM
NEI is proud of their molds. I just got a 40cal from them that had what I would call pi$$ poor QC. It was a nose pour and the cherry was run into the blocks a little deep so there was a burr at the bottom of the mold on the inside. The top was also high at the seam so you could see daylight under the sprue plate. Both defects were easily corrected by chucking up in a 4 jaw chuck and facing it off, but when you pay $120 + for a mold the machinist should at least look at it before shipping it out. I'll never order another mold from them. BTW they don't seem to answer e-mails at all so good luck there.

Bob

grouch
09-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Try Cast Bullet Engineering - they have a number of .303 molds, and their market is full of.303's. My molds from them have certainly been good, and a bit less money too. See Jeffinnewzealand's posts.
Best of luck Grouch