PDA

View Full Version : Its Hunting Season

OnHoPr
10-11-2018, 06:50 AM
Good Luck to all you lead slingers this season. Be safe, and may your freezers be filled.[smilie=s:

nagantguy
10-11-2018, 07:02 AM
I just got settled in my stand, way to early won’t be shooting light for half an hour! Good luck and be safe

richhodg66
10-11-2018, 07:20 AM
In the high 30s here this morning and finally not raining. Starting to feel like Fall.

Uncle Grinch
10-11-2018, 08:30 AM
Got another week before regular firearms season opens here. We just had a night of high winds and rain from Hurricane Michael. Lost our power for a brief period, but got it back early this morning.

Hickok
10-11-2018, 10:20 AM
Been out with the crossbow, just haven't had the right buck come in yet.

But it sure has been relaxing and enjoyable.

Everyone be safe, and I hope you get a nice one!

nagantguy
10-11-2018, 11:29 AM
So it was cool this morning which all week has been record highs; yesterday was 86! But I was in my stand in the mosquito farm as this swamp is called , the creek is low cause of so little rain this year but I saw ducks and a muskrat and a crane . The wind was very very strong and switched directions a few times so I didn’t see any deer but an enjoyable morn no the less. Here in MI as the OP knows we can hunt with archery anytime from oct 1st through Jan1st so with the new baby I’ll try and pick the best days. You know the ones, cold, overcast, light wind, maybe a little drizzle or very light snow. When the leaves left on the trees and the ones on the ground get that deep bright yellow. And that moist earthy smell is heavy on everything cause all the ground litter is about to turn to compost if it wasn’t cold at night. The type of days where you can’t sleep well because when you brought in that last load of wood for the night the air bite the nose just a little, and you reminded yourself in The morning to make sure you had the lucky cap the good socks and grandpas knife. Those days where every rustle of a leaf could be a deer and often is .

trapper9260
10-11-2018, 11:43 AM
I was out this morning and had high winds and also spit some snow also.I call it the morning for since that was going on.Look like will go out this afternoon.It is bow season now and use a crossbow. I got a permit to use. this Saturday will be the early muzzleloader season and will be doing that then.

Shawlerbrook
10-11-2018, 02:13 PM
Bow hunting here until the third Saturday of November. It has been wet and summer like since the Oct. 1 opener, but that is changing today. Talking snow flurries on Saturday. Best hunting is usually Halloween until Thanksgiving. Good luck to all and be safe !

Grmps
10-11-2018, 02:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/exxbiq1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/916d3Ge.jpg

500Linebaughbuck
10-11-2018, 03:59 PM
its been too hot here for archery season(75 - 85deg). tomorrow its supposed to cool down to 50deg or so for the high. i'll be there with bells on!!!

bikerbeans
10-13-2018, 09:38 AM
https://i.imgur.com/exxbiq1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/916d3Ge.jpg

There is public hunting land near my house. I think the hunter density is higher than your picture. I would hunt the state land near me if i could afford kevlar body armor.

BB

Texas by God
10-13-2018, 10:44 AM
Man, where's the sattelite dish on that awesome blind?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

white eagle
10-15-2018, 11:01 AM
general gun season don't open for about a month here
I do hunt with archery though and that season has been open
since September,don't hunt till around the last week of Oct.
but from then till sometime in Dec.it's game on boys

TCLouis
10-16-2018, 11:28 PM
That woodpile blind looks like what happens when ya let duck hunters into the deer woods.
I guess the propane tank is round back!

Gray Fox
10-16-2018, 11:39 PM
It's been too hot here in the Hotlanta area for any way that I like to hunt. It looks like it will start cooling off next week, but it's also supposed to rain every day. I'm retired, so I'm going to look at the public hunting areas within 75 miles driving distance, and will wait for the animals to settle down by Tuesday or Wednesday of any given week, then still hunt some of the logging roads with a BP rifle first, and when firearms season opens I'll have a lever gun in hand. Best of luck to all of you folks. GF