PDA

View Full Version : Dear weatherman:

Hogtamer
10-06-2018, 12:01 PM
Bow season has been in a month today and I have not been even once. This would make my 47th year afield with recurve bow but I am averse to sweating in a deer stand and blowflies on any deer I might kill. Your 7 day forecast gives me no encouragement.

Detailed Forecast
TodayMostly sunny, with a high near 91. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph in the afternoon.
TonightPatchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 70. East wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight.
SundayA slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 89. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Sunday NightA slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm, then a slight chance of showers between 8pm and 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 70. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Columbus DayA chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 87. East wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Monday NightA chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
TuesdayA chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 85. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Tuesday NightA chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 71. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
WednesdayShowers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 83. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Wednesday NightShowers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 71. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
ThursdayShowers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 83. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Thursday NightA chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
FridayA chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 84. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Smoke4320
10-06-2018, 12:10 PM
Understand that
Hi today 84 Low tonight at about 4-5 AM. 70
We will not be below 75 all next week and lows upper 60's to 70

after all the flooding Mosquitos are just horrible ..

NOT deer hunting weather for sure

lefty o
10-06-2018, 12:14 PM
ive killed deer in upper 90 degree temps, sub freezing temps, snow, and rain. the weatherman isnt the problem. only downside of hunting in the heat is you had best get busy fast after making a kill.

am44mag
10-06-2018, 04:56 PM
The deer don't care how hot or cold it is, or how wet it gets. They're still going to be out feeding and doing their thing regardless.

No pain, no gain. 8-)

Idaho45guy
10-06-2018, 08:06 PM
90 degrees here with 80% humidity. But I'm in Japan, so...

jimlj
10-06-2018, 08:10 PM
45* here. Overcast with rain that is supposed to turn to snow in the higher elevations.

bikerbeans
10-06-2018, 11:51 PM
Ohio's bow season runs from last saturday in september to first sunday in february. I will wait for bug free hunting weather. We got 5 or 6 more days of mid 80s then about a 20 degree temperature drop. Plenty of time left to fill up the freezer.

BB

Tom W.
10-07-2018, 12:31 AM
It's pretty much the same here. I'd field dress the deer and make haste to the closest processer that vacuum packs the meat.

lightman
10-07-2018, 09:32 AM
I've spent my adult life working outside and don't usually complain about the weather. It is what it is. But, I am ready for fall. The heat and humidity just keep hanging on.

trapper9260
10-07-2018, 09:49 AM
The heat and bugs dose not matter to me. It is the rain. I am wait for it stop stop rain here for me to hope the deer will move more then they have been. I went out once and they did not show up. It was light rain when I first went out and then stop and then no deer. It bee rain since the first day of the bow season that is the 1st of Oct. So hope it will dry out some for me to get to where I want to sit.Last year it was hot and dry and got my deer for both season of bow and early muzzle loader for the month of Oct. Time will tell.

osteodoc08
10-07-2018, 01:31 PM
In NW GA, I’m in the same Boat brother. I won’t go out until I can at least wear some long sleeves. Thankfully this upcoming weekend it will be a touch cooler. It’s not just hunting but after the kill. Meat spoils so fast, yellow jackets all over the place, etc etc. forget that mess. I’ll just wait.