PDA

View Full Version : 1 and 1/4 inch gall stone and its home removed

nekshot
10-06-2018, 11:03 AM
I woke up feeling like garbage yesterday from surgery and had a few extra holes because of big stone. My mind feels clearer than before. I have constant pain from spine and rib injuries so when some extra pain came along I assumed this normal and I got sicker and sicker!! Thank God for the medical field! Now maybe life will be a little easier, especially in the shop.

Preacher Jim
10-06-2018, 12:08 PM
Nekshot praying for your recovery.

nagantguy
10-06-2018, 12:11 PM
I’m so glad now your healing can begin! I’ve not dealt with gall stones but every lady in the family with the exception of my 14 year old daughter has had theirs removed. I did have a severe bout of kidney stones years back. Woke up thinking I was dying and thought that for several days! When I got an ultra sound the tech said “that’s no moon that’s a space station “. Sure hope you mend up quickly.

Don Purcell
10-06-2018, 04:09 PM
Had a kidney stone a few years ago. They told me that for a man that a kidney stone is the same amount of pain as a woman in labor. I told them that's a crock, it has to be worse because I guarantee you that a year from now I'm not going to say "Gee, I think I would like to have another kidney stone".

Big Tom
10-06-2018, 05:56 PM
Had my gal bladder with the rocks inside removed about a year ago - was one of the best calls ever. Not a single problem since, can eat and drink "just like before". Looked like dragon eggs, about the size your's were... Surgery for me was no problem and I did not even need pain meds during recovery. Was back working the day after (from home though).

Mohawk Daddy
10-06-2018, 06:47 PM
Congratulations on getting a bad gland removed. I still have my GB but have experienced two gall bladder attacks in the last dozen years. If anything hurts worse than that without ending it all, I don't want to experience it. Good luck to you and smooth sailing.

DocSavage
10-06-2018, 07:58 PM
Had my gall bladder out 3 weeks ago don't want to do that again ever.

nannyhammer
10-06-2018, 08:16 PM
When my gall bladder went bad I would have let a homeless guy cut it out on a park bench with a rusty knife to make the pain stop. Was glad to have mine removed although it was one awesome diet plan. Think I lost close to 25lbs in the three weeks leading up to surgery.

Mr_Sheesh
10-06-2018, 09:17 PM
Nekshot, glad you made it! Had mine out some years ago, my stones were long needles and ripped it up, got gangrenous. Felt like back pain, had no clue what was going on till I got so sick I was losing the ability to walk. Heal up fast, it gets LOTS better when that GB is out of there and you're not hurting so much! :)

bandsmoyer
10-06-2018, 09:34 PM
I got to agree with nannyhammer!

nekshot
10-07-2018, 05:55 AM
Sure good to here from you all! Funny how different experiences over the same operation. I am feeling much much better!