PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Lube Issues...

Fixxah
09-28-2008, 05:06 PM
:confused:My bullets all seem to have lube above the area that sits in the finished case. Is this something that needs to be cleaned off due to increased pressure in barrel or am I good to go.

About 90% of my sized .45 comes out of Star that way and I can't seem to figure out whether my heater needs to be adjusted along with pressure screw on tube. Every 50 or so rounds I need to clear lube from seating/crimp die on my LNL.

I took pix but as of yet I can't find them in my PC. I'll try to get them again later.

John

billyb
09-28-2008, 06:37 PM
back off on the pressure and the temp. i use the star and ran into the same deal. a little less heat,pressure and adjust the punch and most of the excess will go away. Bill

dwtim
09-28-2008, 06:53 PM
If it effects seating depth, headspace (has to be really bad) or accumulates in the chamber and causes malfs, then it's a problem. If you don't have one already, get a 45 ACP chamber gauge to conveniently test the dimensions of your assembled rounds.

Fixxah
09-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Pics in my albums. Thanks for posts. I was thinking higher heat on lube with less pressure and putting bullit farther down in die. Surely I am going to experiment.

JeffinNZ
09-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Looks like you are running them a bit deep in the die to me.

Swamprat1052
09-28-2008, 08:57 PM
I had to close all but one hole on my Star die for my 45 ACP's and cut back on heat and pressure. I dont know which cure did it but it worked. Good luck.

Swamprat