PDA

View Full Version : Fixing a Roy's Pancake holster

azchisum
10-03-2018, 02:49 PM
Hi, I have an older Roy's Pancake holster that I love. It need a new snap as it pop's open to easy. Does anyone know where I can get that replaced?

Omega
10-03-2018, 03:34 PM
Hi, I have an older Roy's Pancake holster that I love. It need a new snap as it pop's open to easy. Does anyone know where I can get that replaced?Check with leather shops, saddle makers or boot repair shops in your area, if you don't find a local place take a photo and send it to me, if I have the snap I'll fix it for you, just pay for shipping. You can also look inside the cap, there is a copper/steel ring in there that can be adjusted, with a tiny screw driver by making it a bit smaller, but just don't bend the cap.

azchisum
10-04-2018, 12:43 PM
Check with leather shops, saddle makers or boot repair shops in your area, if you don't find a local place take a photo and send it to me, if I have the snap I'll fix it for you, just pay for shipping. You can also look inside the cap, there is a copper/steel ring in there that can be adjusted, with a tiny screw driver by making it a bit smaller, but just don't bend the cap.

Thanks I will check it out.

TDB9901
10-04-2018, 08:18 PM
If you have one close, Hobby Lobby has some leather working supplies. I get snaps there from time to time.

And I also love the Roy's Pancake design. I shamelessly copy it.