PDA

View Full Version : Guns stolen from Memphis UPS facility were found en route to Chicago

Grmps
10-02-2018, 02:49 PM
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/about-400-guns-stolen-ups-facility-tennessee-n915791

JSnover
10-02-2018, 05:38 PM
Intended for law-abiding NRA members, of course.

FISH4BUGS
10-02-2018, 08:20 PM
Heading to Chicago? I am SHOCKED!

Petrol & Powder
10-02-2018, 08:47 PM
I think law enforcement did a good job. They recovered most of the stolen guns, made an arrest and identified another suspect.

samari46
10-02-2018, 11:11 PM
Saw this on MSN tonight. Supposedly only a few guns were sold and the rest recovered. Score one for the good guys. Now all they have to do is get the person or persons who worked in that facility. Frank

Land Owner
10-03-2018, 02:50 AM
Some how this mess will likely blow back against law abiding gun owners through increased usurious HAZMAT and transportation fees for firearms and reloading components. This is how the Liberals work.

Thin Man
10-03-2018, 05:29 AM
Wasn't it UPS that got us all started in the high-priced, overnight delivery, controlled delivery scam many years ago. Seems that they were losing multiple volumes of Glock pistols from shipments and suddenly the whole world had to pay higher shipping costs to cover the extraordinary security measures UPS was going to initiate to keep this type of thing from happening again. Once UPS found the golden egg the other freight carriers followed suit with higher prices. Then again, Memphis is a different world than the rest of Tennessee. Their crime rate is so heavy they make the rest of the state look bad. There's plenty of blame to go around these days but theirs is justified.

Petrol & Powder
10-03-2018, 06:25 AM
Even if this turns out to be an inside job, and the jury is still out on that, UPS as an entire company isn't to blame for the criminal actions of a few employees.

There aren't enough details at this time to know how the initial theft was accomplished. It wouldn't be too difficult for a criminal group to conduct surveillance outside a gun manufacturer and simply note which truck or trailer was loaded at that facility. They've got trailer numbers and license plates and you know exactly where the distribution hub is located. With a little bit of effort you could map out what day of the week and time of the day the shipments left the factory. After that you simply hijack or steal the appropriate truck.

Companies like UPS and FedEx move a tremendous amount of products. They do not want to get a reputation of losing shipments due to internal theft.
My guess is that if it was an inside job, UPS will cooperate fully with the investigation in order to protect their reputation. And, there's a chance that UPS employees were not involved at all.

This is not a case of someone stealing A package with A gun. This was the theft of an entire shipment from the factory en-route to a wholesaler. This is a little more organized theft.

JSnover
10-03-2018, 07:12 AM
I wouldn't call it a conspiracy either but it does look like a larger, more organized effort.

Wayne Smith
10-03-2018, 07:22 AM
I still want to know what a 'ruger caliber' gun is.

William Yanda
10-03-2018, 07:48 AM
Evidence of an uninformed reporter turned loose with a large audience and editing by a supervisor who was no more informed.

Hickory
10-03-2018, 08:09 AM

Why would anyone be shocked to see guns go to a war zone?

Petrol & Powder
10-03-2018, 09:15 AM
I still want to know what a 'ruger caliber' gun is.

Any time firearms are involved in story you can bet the farm that the press will screw it up. :smile:

JSnover
10-03-2018, 10:21 AM
Years ago a reporter mentioned a 40 millimeter pistol. Recoil must have been ferocious!

Smoke4320
10-03-2018, 10:34 AM
Years ago a reporter mentioned a 40 millimeter pistol. Recoil must have been ferocious!

only shot and DROPPED once :)

oldred
10-03-2018, 11:50 AM

Has to be a mistake, everyone knows they would be illegal in Chicago so they just COULDN'T be going there!

bedbugbilly
10-03-2018, 12:28 PM
I am absolutely SHOCKED that something like this could even happen in the People's Republik of Chicago!

Obviously, the NBC press put as much effort in to this story to verify facts and at least try to sound somewhat intelligent as they do in all of their usual "fake news". Stories like this will be turned around on to the gun companies and law abiding citizens that it is their fault for all the gun violence in Chicago. That said . . . .

I'm looking to buy a good used set of "Ruger caliber" dies . . . anyone have a set they want to part with?

Remember what Forrest Gump's mother said . . "sometimes you just can't fix stupid!"

I'm glad that LE nailed 'em . . . now let's see what the wishy washy leftist judges do as far as sentencing when the time comes to send a message that gun running to the criminal element in Chicago won't be tolerated. Want to make a bet on how that goes?

Petrol & Powder
10-03-2018, 12:50 PM

My favorite is the Glock Service Revolver

dragon813gt
10-03-2018, 01:29 PM
My favorite is the Glock Service Revolver

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Glock-Revolver-21R.jpg

oldred
10-03-2018, 01:45 PM
That looks like an exact clone of an Asperly!

gwpercle
10-03-2018, 01:46 PM
You mean criminals don't go into a FFL gun shop , fill out all the forms , go through a back ground check and a waiting period like I do to get their guns ?
You mean criminals steal their guns ?
We'll we just need more gun laws to infringe the rights of legal law abiding citizens to solve that problem....right ? :kidding:

I read a newspaper article that claimed 2/3rd's of American gun manufacturer's stay in business by making guns, smuggling them into Mexico and selling them to the drug cartel's !
If that's not the biggest lie I've ever seen.....should be a law that a newspaper has to be able to prove the story isn't a fabricated fairy tale .

wv109323
10-03-2018, 04:05 PM
It might well be someone from Ruger was in on the thief. After all I doubt that the thieves wanted Single sixes or Blackhawks. Even if they had knowledge they were guns how would they know what type of guns.
Snide remark-Why would anyone want a gun in Chicago,since it is one of the nicest city in America? I bet it was the doctors in the operating rooms,operating on all the shooting victims,that organized the theft. No way would honest drug dealers and gangs need that many guns.

TCLouis
10-03-2018, 06:06 PM
If the scum on chitown would avoid shooting and killing innocents but were good enough to shoot each other, then we should supply them with arms.
Otherwise just place one slug at the base of their skull and let them rot in the street.

rondog
10-03-2018, 09:36 PM
If the scum on chitown would avoid shooting and killing innocents but were good enough to shoot each other, then we should supply them with arms.
Otherwise just place one slug at the base of their skull and let them rot in the street.

Where's that dang "like" button.....

45workhorse
10-03-2018, 10:05 PM
https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Glock-Revolver-21R.jpg

I'd buy one for a dollar if they took the finger groves off it.:kidding:

Three44s
10-04-2018, 09:50 AM
My “Ruger caliber” gun is a 480 but I have to ponder a 40 mm. That would be an upgrade on mine!

I think it would blow a grizzly clean in half!

Three44s

Mr_Sheesh
10-04-2018, 05:30 PM
Suitable for trips to the Jurassic Park sites, seems to me. (But I'd want to be inside an APC or M1 Tank, personally.)