PDA

View Full Version : Life's Minor Mysteries

Goatwhiskers
10-02-2018, 11:32 AM
Yeah, you're right, I don't have enough to do. Can't finish mowing unless I get at least half a day dry. Any of you that do your own laundry ever wondered why clothes, especially T's, go in right side out and come out turned completely wrong side out? Guess this might accidently show how many "house husbands" are out there. GW

1911sw45
10-02-2018, 11:58 AM
Yes I have pondered on this very question. Just came to a conclusion it was just to cause me more work.

MT Gianni
10-02-2018, 02:43 PM
Or why my wifes bras tend to loop around the agitator when they didn't go in that way.

1911sw45
10-02-2018, 03:29 PM
That's what bra bags are for.

Smoke4320
10-02-2018, 03:32 PM
That's what bra bags are for.

never I say never put your wife in the washer .. you will never hear the end of it :) :)

Walks
10-02-2018, 03:43 PM
I just wanna know how is it you put 6 pairs of socks in the washer, but only get 5 1/2 pair out of the dryer.
And then that blasted sock shows up in a dryer load 2 weeks later.

What's a bra bag ?

LUCKYDAWG13
10-02-2018, 03:59 PM
How did that 40 brass get mixed in with my 45 acp brass in the tumbler I dont own a 40

am44mag
10-02-2018, 04:03 PM
What's a bra bag ?

A bag you put your bras in. :p

DocSavage
10-02-2018, 07:13 PM
Socks and underwear always seem to disappear into a black hole never to be seen again.

Tom W.
10-02-2018, 08:11 PM
But I don't wear a bra.... OTOH my tee shorts and underwear come out of the washer inside out more times than not.
I think the technicians that made washing machines had their mothers remind them which side was closer to the body....

lightman
10-02-2018, 08:21 PM
I got fired from washing clothes long ago. The red towels didn't play well with the white sheets!

GhostHawk
10-02-2018, 08:38 PM
Not that one so much, as where do the single socks go to? Must be a singles only party of some kind.

And why is my wife pyschically connected to the garbage can? Soon as that thing is half full she goes around the house pulling garbage out of places I did not know we had garbage. Before I know it there are 3 or 4 bags lined up to go out, ohh and get the kitchen too while your at it hon.

Yeah right, in your dreams doll. I can't get half of that in there much less the kitchen.

Yeah life is strange, death could be stranger.

RED BEAR
10-02-2018, 08:42 PM
the wife and i are both retired andi try to help around the house as much as possible but there are some jobs that i am not allowed to do. washing clothes is one of them i am allowed to vacuum she just does it again after i finish. i just figure i got some up so she doesn't have to work so hard. i will admit she deserves a medal for putting up with me for 42 years.

clum553946
10-02-2018, 08:42 PM
Yeah, but they must have been some pretty pink sheets! Lol

I got fired from washing clothes long ago. The red towels didn't play well with the white sheets!

Walks
10-02-2018, 08:55 PM
I got a dozen pairs of brand new white socks YEARS BACK, my Wife decided to help with the laundry. She put in a NEW RED SOCK "by mistake".
I had to run a bleach load every time I washed them until I tossed them. The pink would always "pop out".
Nothing like wearing PINK SOCKS to work every day. By the time I left the Company, everyone from the President on down called me "Pinky".
My wife hasn't done a load of laundry since. That was 25yrs+ ago.

Soundguy
10-02-2018, 08:58 PM
Yes I have pondered on this very question. Just came to a conclusion it was just to cause me more work.

Same here.. I wash the right side out and they come out inside out..

Finster101
10-02-2018, 09:01 PM
I work outside the house, she works inside the house. I guess it's a bit old fashioned but it does well for us.

Goatwhiskers
10-02-2018, 10:46 PM
Now you've gone and reminded me of my first year at college living in the dorm. Mom never told me so I dumped ALL my laundry in the machine, hot water too. Jeans and all. Had the purtiest pale blue underwear. GW

samari46
10-02-2018, 11:04 PM
Seems a lot of us who do laundry have the same problems. Missing socks, inside out T shirts and my personal favorite, cleaning out the lint filter each time I use the washer and dryer. Even used my shop vac after the filter had been cleaned. The stuff that came out of the housing where the filter is was amazing. I got kicked out of a laundromat years back when I was washing my overalls and other stuff from work. Worked in a generating station that burned coal. The water went black in a heart beat. So before I used the washer at home used to blast the coal dust with the garden hose. Frank

MrWolf
10-03-2018, 10:08 AM
I just stopped wearing white clothes. Dump everything in at once and wash on cold. I don't have any problems with it and since I am now single it works for me. See no stress.

JSnover
10-03-2018, 10:18 AM
I never solved the socks mystery but I did come up with a workaround. Buy all the same type/size/brand/color. One socks disappears, you got an odd number... until the next one disappears, then you're back to matched pairs.

waksupi
10-03-2018, 12:01 PM
Every time a sock is lost, another piece of Tupperware appears in the cupboard.

Tom W.
10-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Lori told me before we got married that I was to do my own laundry. As I've been medically retired I'll also wash the towels and wash cloths, along with my stuff. But I still just dump it into the washer, turn it to HOT, Towels and Jeans, and extra large load. The thermostat on the water heater is set rather low, so It's not really scalding, just PDwarm...

gwpercle
10-03-2018, 02:31 PM
Yeah, you're right, I don't have enough to do. Can't finish mowing unless I get at least half a day dry. Any of you that do your own laundry ever wondered why clothes, especially T's, go in right side out and come out turned completely wrong side out? Guess this might accidently show how many "house husbands" are out there. GW
Turn the Tee shirts inside out then wash and dry them. Another plus is the sewn hems at the bottom and sleeves will not roll up but lie nice and flat.....try it !
I'm in Baton Rouge , my wife mows the lawn and runs the weed eater.... I stay in the a/c and do laundry....I hate mowing grass. She hates to cook and I enjoy cooking... so I cook . I'm a better cook than she is anyway's. We been happily married now for 45 years .
She does the house cleaning because she claims I suffer from dirt blindness.....That's true .
It's not raining at the moment but getting half a day of dry is going to be tough. The wife say's if it doesn't rain in the afternoon....get up at 7:00 am and mow , only way beat the midday monsoon.

We have a black hole somewhere in the back of our dryer, it opens, takes socks and closes up. I believe our universe is propelled by sock power not atomic power !
Gary

JSnover
10-03-2018, 05:08 PM
We have a black hole somewhere in the back of our dryer, it opens, takes socks and closes up. I believe our universe is propelled by sock power not atomic power !
Gary

If this is true maybe the Sock Mystery is better left unsolved. What fate might befall us if the Sock Gods were angered?

rockshooter
10-04-2018, 01:08 AM
ever notice that those brass bags are really noisy in the dryer? But the brass doesn't end up stuck inside your t-shirts or socks.
Loren