PDA

View Full Version : Vent size on a 209 primed inline?

richbug
09-28-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm Building a 50 cal inline for the upcoming Modern ML season here in PA. It starts in 3 weeks. I don't have time to mess with different sizes of vents. What size do most makers use? IIRC, the knight I had long ago used about a 1/8" hole, but that was for a #11 cap.

mooman76
09-28-2008, 06:00 PM
I went and checked out my CVA. I have never shot it with the 209 caps and I am assuming that is what you are talking about. The adapter that goes in has 2 small channels opposite each other. They are as deep as they are wide and with a feeler gauge itcomes out between .026 and .027 in. This channel is set so that when the 209 cap is in place it will direct it through the channels. This is for the back pressure but the hole from where the cap goes is 7/64" and then goes down to a hole that is really small and I have nothing to measure it but would guess it would be something like 1/64" or even smaller or about the same size as your standard nipple hole. I hope this is what you needed and was clear enough for you to understand.

richbug
09-28-2008, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE=mooman76;403196] This is for the back pressure but the hole from where the cap goes is 7/64" and then goes down to a hole that is really small and I have nothing to measure it but would guess it would be something like 1/64" or even smaller or about the same size as your standard nipple hole. I hope this is what you needed and was clear enough for you to understand.[/QUOTE

That is what I needed. I figured it was tiny like the hole through a nipple, but didn't know for sure. I'll shoot for nipple vent size, the one I have handy will take a #60 drill nicely.