PDA

View Full Version : M500 Furniture ?'s

centershot
10-01-2018, 02:59 PM
Well now, after reading the discussion regarding longbow's search for a new shotgun, I had to get me one! Actually I'd been looking for one for awhile, kinda' miss not having a 20 ga. in the cabinet. I found a very gently used M500 at the LGS for $299 and brought it home. A friend remarked upon seeing it "If I knew you were lookin' I'd have sold you my old 12 ga. One thing led to another and it also came home with me. I wasn't especially looking for another 12 but when he mentioned it had THREE barrels, well hey, it sounded good to me.

It is a "combo" gun, M500A, 28" VR ported shot barrel with 4 tubes, a 24" cantilever rifled slug barrel and a 20" VR "Police" barrel threaded for tubes. My only problem with it is the LOP, 14.25"". A 13" pull fits me better, but this gun has plastic furniture. Numrich has oodles of wooden stocks and forends, BUT, my gun has a 7" forend and I'd really like a 9". My question is, will it fit? I know I'll need to pick up a forend wrench, no big deal, but will the longer forend fit this gun. It is a double bar, if that matters.

megasupermagnum
10-01-2018, 03:10 PM
As far as I'm aware, the design never changed for the 500's. Any for end for a 500 should fit. You might not need to buy a wrench either. I remember taking the last one off with a flat piece of metal I found.

RMc
10-05-2018, 06:54 PM
Try the Havlin Sales website for information on Mossberg 500 forearm length fitting concerns:

https://www.havlinsales.com/

HangFireW8
10-05-2018, 06:58 PM
As far as I'm aware, the design never changed for the 500's. Any for end for a 500 should fit. You might not need to buy a wrench either. I remember taking the last one off with a flat piece of metal I found.The design changed a little. The "quiet carry" forend added spring tension to the action bars, but they are interchangeable and use the same wood as the old ones.

As a result, there are a lot of the more rattly older version out there available as spare parts.

centershot
10-07-2018, 09:53 AM
RMc, many thanks for the link to Havlin Sales! Their prices are a little higher than Numrich but their website is much more detailed than Numrich's, at the least I'm sure I'm getting the parts I need.