PDA

View Full Version : Help with Single Six

joatmon
09-30-2018, 04:55 PM
I'm having a heck of a time getting my SS in 32H&R unloaded because the empties stick on the gate ramp!! Now in my younger prediabetic prehand neuropathy pre nervous as all get out days I would jump on that baby with a Dremel and smooooth it right up! But now that I'm older and broker my wife won't unlock the cabinet so I can get it? Anyone fixed this problem in a way that the wife didn't give that LOOK.
Thanks Aaron

Texas by God
10-07-2018, 04:22 PM
There is not much wiggle room there to begin with. I used to wiggle the cylinder on mine back & forth a bit to find the sweet spot. I wish I had another one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Wheelguns 1961
10-07-2018, 05:28 PM
I had the same problem on my single seven. I fixed it with a little 600gr. Of course it is stainless, and I don’t think I would have done it, if it were a blued gun.

Chad5005
10-08-2018, 06:54 PM
i had this problem on one of my vaquero's and had a cowboy action shooter tell me to back the spring and plunger under the hammer out,so the cylinder will roll both directions for easier loading and unloading and it worked great

beagle
10-28-2018, 10:54 PM
Had the same problem with an older SS .32 Mag. Let it go and found I couldn't do without one so I bought a newer one. Ruger must be aware of the problem as this one is much better than the original. I didn't want to alter it so I lived with it. CBC .32 Longs really gave me a fit. Rim must be a smidgen larger in diameter./beagle

pietro
10-29-2018, 03:22 PM
i had this problem on one of my vaquero's and had a cowboy action shooter tell me to back the spring and plunger under the hammer out,so the cylinder will roll both directions for easier loading and unloading and it worked great

There's also a "free spin pawl" that's available for some Ruger SA revolvers (google).