PDA

View Full Version : Norman Bates in hawaii

abunaitoo
09-30-2018, 04:27 AM
A while ago I posted about a son who murdered his Mother, cut her up, put her in the frig, and didn't report it for a while.
He used he ID to take money out of her bank account.
He finally had his day in court.
30 years for manslaughter, 10 years for ID theft, to be served after the 30 years. One years for abuse of a corpse. No parole.
27 years old. Life is over.
Reminded me of Norman Bates from the movies Psycho.
Creepy.

jonp
09-30-2018, 05:40 AM
I wonder how he managed manslaughter and not murder on that one.

Mr_Sheesh
09-30-2018, 08:51 AM
Seems like an insanity situation, dang. Something's TRULY not right with that guy!

abunaitoo
10-01-2018, 03:47 PM
I think they lowered it to manslaughter because he made a deal and confessed.
It's the way things are here Because this was, kind of high profile, prosecutors wanted a win.
Going to a full trial, he might have gotten insanity.
You'd be surprised who many, in prison here, have mental problems.
Many handicapped are in prison here.
All had public defender.
We just had one guy get insanity.
His family is rich and well known.

Petrol & Powder
10-01-2018, 06:26 PM
The difference between murder and manslaughter is malice.

You can't have a murder without malice but you can have manslaughter without malice.

My guess is the defendant gave a statement that she just died and he panicked. He claims he cut her up and hid the body. NOW, both the defense and the prosecutor know that story is complete BS but both sides had problems with their case.
The prosecution had very little evidence of the actual killing. The scene was cleaned up and there was little evidence other than the body.
The defense had problems with their case, mainly the dismemberment of the body, failure to report the death and the identity theft.

The prosecution didn't want to put on a murder case, try to disprove the defendant's story and risk a not guilty on murder.....
and
The defense didn't want to risk a jury trial for murder, lose and get a life sentence.

So the prosecution offers manslaughter and ID theft with a heavy sentence and the defense decided that deal was better than risking a murder trial and a possible life sentence. The stakes were pretty high for the defense if they lost.

If that really is a 40 year sentence, that's a win for the prosecution.