PDA

View Full Version : A Computer Problem

Johnch
09-27-2018, 10:55 PM
I spend way to much time fighting head ackes
So I kill time playing free online computer games

Well I have had a problem getting on 2 of the web sites to play
But the weird thing is not all the time

If I can't get on one of the web sites , I restart my computer and I can get on those web sites again

But if I sign off and come back later to play again .... I may or may not be able to log onto those web sites

If I can't , I restart the computer and I can again

The only thing I have changed is I have added 2 Add Blocker programs to cut out most of the Add's

Can a Add Blocker cause me to not be able to sign onto a web site ?[smilie=b:

Or is there something else I should be looking for ??

Thanks
John

Omega
09-27-2018, 10:59 PM
Check your cookies, and the cached files. Clearing those may fix it right up, if it doesn't fix it permanently, it may keep you from restarting the PC to play, just flush the cache and try getting on again.

David2011
09-28-2018, 04:13 PM
Web based games have been known to harbor viruses or malware. If you feel the need to restart, turn it completely off and wait ten seconds before starting back up. That clears the RAM. Restarting doesn’t kill power to the RAM so it can retain bad files.

NyFirefighter357
09-28-2018, 09:19 PM
Add blockers & firewalls will cause problems with on line games. You can go to the add blocker settings and add the game site to the allow column.

Johnch
09-30-2018, 10:10 PM
I went so far as to delete the add blockers off my computer

Still having the problem
Weird thing , I have played the same games and gone to the same web sites for ... a year or more and the problem just started 2 weeks ago

IMO I have not added anything new or changed anything
Only thing I have been doing really is deleting old files and games I don't want any more
As I wanted to free up some disk space ..... as I was up to 90% of my disk space used
Lots of JUNK .... down to 55% used

John

Dieselhorses
09-30-2018, 10:15 PM
Do you have an antivirus program installed? I have the free version of AVG (Avg.com) and a malware cleaner (Malwarebytes.org). IF it's adware, malware, or spyware or even a virus, the latter will quarantine the problem. This may or may not be the issue.

dbosman
10-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Weird thing , I have played thIe same games and gone to the same web sites for ... a year or more and the problem just started 2 weeks ago

Since it started two weeks ago, I'll suggest your web browser updated it self. Features change. Chrome, for instance, not keeps each web site in its own memory space. Currently it's also tattling more information to Google. Firefox recently updated as well.

That could also conflict with existing ad blockers.

Johnch
10-02-2018, 12:57 PM
Do you have an antivirus program installed? I have the free version of AVG (Avg.com) and a malware cleaner (Malwarebytes.org). IF it's adware, malware, or spyware or even a virus, the latter will quarantine the problem. This may or may not be the issue.

LOL I also have the same 2

It is just a PITA to only have this problem with 2 wed sites

John

NyFirefighter357
10-02-2018, 11:37 PM
I'm sure it's a browser update I had to reconfigure mine.

sureYnot
10-03-2018, 09:24 AM
I would backup my files and factory restore that pig.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk